Awol...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just noticing some regulars have been non-existant lately....of course, DeRoux. He stops in occasionally but doesn't post.
icon_confused.gif

Orfy..WTF? He posted all the time and then dropped off the face of the Earth.

I recently PMed kenmc to see where he was--he's traveling, so he is excused. :D

ElP? Do we have some complex about keeping moderators around? :p Rightwing, Janx, DeRoux and now ElP have vanished! :confused:

A couple of other regulars aren't posting as often anymore either....

Who else am I missing?

Were still here, just on vacation in memphis. looks like we may have scored a keg for a brew pot. only problem .. how do we get it home? looks like beerluvngrl may have to walk! :)

last sunday we tasted dude's beer.. it was really good..we decided to break into the honey pale ale..

we will post more about it later

The smart ass is here, uh, I mean, PRESENT FOR DUTY, SIR!!!:D

I even check in when I'm on the road...if the hotel has a computer...

There are a lot of times when a noob has a question and I just am not in the mood to answer it, only sometimes. When I am not in the mood for giving a long drawn-out answer I recommend they do a search on the subject.

I figured I'm giving some other person a chance to be the hero of the day.:D

Soon, my plan to destroy the moderators will be complete..... *rubbing hands together* Dude, I'm sorry, but now that you've wised up to my plan, you will have to be next.

Thunder and I are actually going back to work tomorrow. Not that I don't like posting all day here, but I'm looking forward to going back. I miss the residents a lot and it's so odd.... when I come to visit everyone like tells me that it's just no fun without me there (for those who don't know I work at a nursing home and do activities there with the residents). I do..... "wierd" things. I guess thats what I'm known for there. By the way I was told I could not make beer..... ok..... I'm going to bring the ingrediants one day though.... they said I could not make it...... not bring in the stuff to show.

Beer Snob said:
...By the way I was told I could not make beer..... ok..... I'm going to bring the ingrediants one day though.... they said I could not make it...... not bring in the stuff to show.
I gave what ended up as a 3 hour presentation on homebrewing, made a brew and handed out about a hundred samples to a nursing home once. There were wheelchair races down the halls and everything...I haven't been asked back either...wonder why?:confused: The residents had a great time...:drunk:

homebrewer_99 said:
I gave what ended up as a 3 hour presentation on homebrewing, made a brew and handed out about a hundred samples to a nursing home once. There were wheelchair races down the halls and everything...I haven't been asked back either...wonder why?:confused: The residents had a great time...:drunk:

Yeah, you gave me the idea to ask. Sorry I did now.... I would have gottten away with it if I had just brought it in.

Sometimes the attitudes of those working there really does get to you. Most are treated like children. What can you do.

Don't worry, I'm still here.

I have been on Disney vacation w/o free internet for the last week and have gotten more work at work. Just start a discussion about decotion and I'll get busy again ;)

Kai

Kaiser said:
Don't worry, I'm still here.

I have been on Disney vacation w/o free internet for the last week and have gotten more work at work. Just start a discussion about decotion and I'll get busy again ;)

Kai

Can we just mention decoction? ;)

Oops, there goes the Kaiser! :D

J/K. You've forgotten more about beer than I'll ever know, it's always a pleasure reading your input :mug:

Ize

I've been off for a while but I still have friends/family here through next weekend so I'm just stalking. Dude, the LWPA and Chaos IPA went quickly at the party this past Sat/Sun and got rave reviews. I went through 3 kegs :mug: :( :mad:

These people need to go home now.

If I stop posting it will be because I am angry and pissed off and sulking in some dark corner. Watch ebay for all my gear.

It might also mean I am on vacation some place like Coronado Island.

Okay Walker is now officially in the A.W.O.L. department. WTF bro? You okay? 3 days and no posts. His damn "posts per day" average is taking a serious hit!!!!!!

:confused:

*decloaks*

Been a bit busy at work, and had last week off, so I've been slacking on the posts. I need to get my tail into gear and actually get a few brews going.

Darth Konvel said:
*decloaks*

Been a bit busy at work, and had last week off, so I've been slacking on the posts. I need to get my tail into gear and actually get a few brews going.

Yeah, you have been absent lately!

Get brewing! :p

I have been out for a while. Moved the fiance out, trying to get my **** back together. I had brewed up 4 kegs of beer and now I am down to about 1/2 keg left. I need to brew soon. Hopefully you guys will be seeing me around more often now that things have settled. I think cheesefood's carmel ale should be next...haha!

I used to post quite often and still check the boards ocassionally. I've spent 10 of the last 24 months in Iraq with horrible internet connections. The new layout seems to hog a bit more bandwidth and my patience isn't what it used to be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bit more time at home soon. I'll have more of a presence then. Til then, drink one for me.

AlaskaAl(e) said:
I used to post quite often and still check the boards ocassionally. I've spent 10 of the last 24 months in Iraq with horrible internet connections. The new layout seems to hog a bit more bandwidth and my patience isn't what it used to be. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bit more time at home soon. I'll have more of a presence then. Til then, drink one for me.

Good God, stuck in a place that doesn't tolerate alchohol? You have my sympathy, brother, and my respect.

I haven't been on in awhile. I've been having a pretty not fun life lately, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, so maybe I'll do a little brewing this weekend. Mmmm, weizenbock.

AlaskaAl(e) said:

alemonkey said:
Good God, stuck in a place that doesn't tolerate alchohol? You have my sympathy, brother, and my respect.

Yah, I here Ya there! Should be back home sometime next month. :ban:
Priority 1- Drink Beer!
Priority 2- Make Beer...
Priority 3- Drink Beer!
Got My Setup on the way, but still debating the Brew pot. Should I go strait to the Keggle, or get something smaller? My apartment's got an electric stove, so I pretty much have to get an outdoor burner anyway.

ablrbrau said:
I haven't seen Pumbaa in awhile, I feel like the only Wisconsinite that can't be good.:confused:

I'm still around just been quite and not brewing much atm (the whole out of bottles thing until the party on 10 June). been getting some stuff around the house and yard done since it's getting warmer up here in the great white north. got 4 hops plants going nice (out of 8 rhizomes) . . . still need to get the 2nd pole up . . .got some roses I need to lant yet and still painting the youngin's room and then ours is next. Add in the step son comming and going and soon to be comming again as school lets out it's been hectic here. Hopefully after this promotional process and party I'll have some more free time and bottles to brew and shoot the ****

Dude said:
ElP? Do we have some complex about keeping moderators around? :p Rightwing, Janx, DeRoux and now ElP have vanished! :confused:
You do seem to be the only one that's avoided the moderator curse (so far :eek:).

Ize said:
I thought ElP was south of the border... Hopefully not in a Mexican jail.
I've been reluctant to bring this up, but if you head south from Houston, you do NOT get to Mexico...at least not until you've swam about a thousand miles. ;)

El Pistolero said:
I've been reluctant to bring this up, but if you head south from Houston, you do NOT get to Mexico...at least not until you've swam about a thousand miles.

Ok, SouthWESTERLY of the border then. ;)

Unless you want to get into the whole "International Waters" thing and that's a whole 'nother thread entirely.... :drunk:

Welcome back! :mug:

Ize

Back