Bazooka Kettle Bottom review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyRN

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Bazooka-Kettle-Screen-brew-kettle/dp/B003ISY2DC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1426941561&sr=8-5&keywords=false+bottom

A question about false bottoms prompted me to enter this quick review. I have used this a few times now in my 10 gal Rubbermaid round beverage mash tun and I have really enjoyed using it. No stuck sparges, filters great, and it's easy to clean. The only issue I had was it was a little long for the 10 gal, so I trimmed it a little shorter. If you are not ready spend the money on a false bottom, this is a great alternative for under $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great price for a nice product. On could easily spend more than that sourcing a braid from Home Depot lowes etc.

Also, braid length doesn't matter when batch sparging, this will also work well on a large rectangular cooler.

I was just looking around for this exact thing for my rectangular cooler. Wasn't sure how well the screens work but I'm going to give it a shot for the price of it!!

I intially was using one of those in my mash tun, which is a converted keg. I switched over to a traditional false bottom. With the bazooka screen and the dished bottom of the keggle, I felt there was a lot of grain that was getting under the bazooka screen and not getting rinsed during sparge (I do fly sparging). For a flat-bottomed MLT like a normal pot or cooler, it is propbably a more effective option. I didn't have any issues while I was using it, other than my perceived lack of efficiency.

Back