Beer line cut off valves for kegerators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
What kind of valves would work as beer line cut offs?

I would imagine a SS valve would work, but what kind?

Is the goal to stop the flow of beer to the taps? If so, just remove the disconnect from the post. Any hardware based solution needs to be stainless to prevent corrosion and contamination, and even then it is iffy. I think stainless beer line valves start at around 23 bucks each and will need fittings to work them in to the system. Google beer line shut off valve and hit the second result (i'm not sure on the rules to posting links here).

Hope that helps.

I'm popping the disconnects off now, but that is a pain. It's cramped in the little kegerator. Tap locks are very expensive, too.

if you stated the purpose that may help. there is quite a difference between having a simple means of preventing people at a party from polishing off all your kegs, vs. preventing children from accessing it when you arent around- who may be more motivated to bypass those security measures.

Back