Beergarita Recipe - make use of yellow beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewWench

Reaction score
The Landshark thread reminded me of this. When you accidentally buy some p!ss in a bottle, or have some leftover party Buds around, make beergaritas. This recipe is better than it has any right to be - no, don't look at me like that. I love my 1-1-1 margies on the rocks with the Patron Anejo, but this is really, really tasty.

I'll be doing this this week with the Shiner Blonde that my husband brought home the other day. :mad:

Stir well together in a pitcher:

12 oz container of limeade concentrate
12 oz yellow beer (I've used a weak American filtered wheat with great success, but anything that yellow or lighter will be great)
12 oz tequila (don't shell out for the good stuff - Cuervo is just great for this)

Serve over ice, or add ice cubes and blend if you're a p*ssy.

Makes 1 serving.

A couple mexi restaurants have been serving beer-margarita combos for a few years around me...personally, I don't care for it at all.

12 oz of tequila in one serving?

That drink contains 9 servings of alcohol. I going to assume you didn't mean 1 serving for one person, but that you meant it contains one batch, to split.

my sister makes these, she calls them sneaky margaritas. usually double this recipe makes about a pitcher. I agree that by all rights, this recipe should be horrible, but somehow really is not. as the recipe indicates, these drinks are strong, beware.

Well, depends on what kind of day you've had. It has been 1 serving for me before :cross: but it's the sugar that gets you eventually. I can handle my tequila.

I'd say about 3-4 servings, really ;)

:D That actually sounds halfway decent! I'm gonna have to try that - I always seem to have leftover mic ultras and what not floating around here.

And 1-1-1? I've never tried that before. Try a 7-4-3 (tequila, triple sec, and fresh squeezed key lime juice, respectively. Stay away from mix!). Fantastic! Makes 2 delicious margaritas.

The Landshark thread reminded me of this. When you accidentally buy some p!ss in a bottle, or have some leftover party Buds around, make beergaritas. This recipe is better than it has any right to be - no, don't look at me like that. I love my 1-1-1 margies on the rocks with the Patron Anejo, but this is really, really tasty.

I'll be doing this this week with the Shiner Blonde that my husband brought home the other day. :mad:

Stir well together in a pitcher:

12 oz container of limeade concentrate
12 oz yellow beer (I've used a weak American filtered wheat with great success, but anything that yellow or lighter will be great)
12 oz tequila (don't shell out for the good stuff - Cuervo is just great for this)

Serve over ice, or add ice cubes and blend if you're a p*ssy.

Makes 1 serving.

We had a tradition a few years ago when we deployed to Incerlik Airbase in Turkey. We made a concoction very similar to that but instead of tequila we used vodka and instead of limeade we used lemonade. We always bought the cheapest yellow beer we could find. It is called a "hop skip and go naked" (HSAGN). Over time we became HSAGN snobs and only the proper glass ware was appropriate. If memory serves me, I think it is the red plastic Solo cup that is appropriate when enjoying this. :D It is a good drink that will sneak up on you! Sneak up on you and before you know it you are skipping about naked!:ban: <-- Naked Banana!

And 1-1-1? I've never tried that before. Try a 7-4-3 (tequila, triple sec, and fresh squeezed key lime juice, respectively. Stay away from mix!). Fantastic! Makes 2 delicious margaritas.

1 part each tequila, triple sec, and lime juice is what I usually do, with a splash of orange juice sometimes. I can't stand mix! I'll try key lime juice - that sounds great!

Richbrewer - Ooh, sounds a lot like a lemon drop! I'll give that a try too. You can never have too many mixed drink recipes!

We used to drink something similar in college. called it "cowboy lemonade" or some such nonsense.

1 can of lemonade concentrate
1 can BMC
1 lemonade concentrate can of vodka

Well while we are on Margaritas here is my recipe, It will not disappoint.

1 can limeade concentrate
1 can liquid apple juice (use limeade can)
1/8 can orange juice concentrate
1 can tequila - cheap stuff is fine (use the limeade can)
1/3 can tripple sec (limeade can again)

-blend
-then split the above mixture in half (unless you have a huge blender)
-add ice and top with a splash of milk (milk is the key here)
-re-blend and enjoy

Latest posts

Back