Best line from a song

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whichever version one prefers, John Prine wrote it.
That makes more sense. I didn't know John Denver sang it and when I looked up to get the last verse changes, the results showed John Denver in the lyrics. Seemed a little off perhaps for him.

"Demoralized and overmastered people think the quickest way to end a war is lose"

Megadeth - Dystopia

Locked in a struggle for the right combination -
Of words in a melody line,
I took a walk along the riverbank of my imagination.
Golden clouds were shuffling the sunshine.

Everything About It Is A Love Song, from the 2006 album Surprise, a collaboration with Brian Eno and one of my favorite Paul Simon albums. Many fine songs on this album.

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to Heaven
When she gets there she knows, if the store are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Hahah - I should have written,

There's a lady who's sure,

-dang, can't remember the rest of it.

😁

-timing, just got in from listening to my zep playlist on spotify in the car. Remastered live Stairway, '73. GOAT.

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison, and I went to pick her up in the rain. But before I could get to the station in my pick-up truck, she got runned over by a damned old train.
You never even call me by my name [ The perfect Country and Western song]- David Allen Cole

Back