Best mini fridge for kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danno_lee

Reaction score
I know that this topic has been addressed on HBT in the past, but my searches have not led me to any posts that are recent enough to be relevant. I am planning to modify a mini fridge into a dual tap kegerator, and am wondering if anyone is familiar with a good model that will accommodate two cornys, a CO2 tank and a tower.

Completely agree. Did my two tap keg build with this beauty in November.

Be ready to cut out the door shelves and silicone the gaps closed (make sure its aquarium silicone). The old model allowed you to unscrew the door panel. The new ones don't.

Safa said:
Completely agree. Did my two tap keg build with this beauty in November.

Be ready to cut out the door shelves and silicone the gaps closed (make sure its aquarium silicone). The old model allowed you to unscrew the door panel. The new ones don't.

Is a temp controller needed?

Depends on what you want to do with it!

If you are using it for a ferm chamber too, then yes. If not, then no. A lot of people have them, but I see no use personally. I set the little thermostat thingy to the middle and leave it. My beer usually sits around 42 (I think, only just put a stick-on-thermometer on my keg today to check) , which is a damn good drinking temperature in my opinion.

Safa said:
Depends on what you want to do with it!

If you are using it for a ferm chamber too, then yes. If not, then no. A lot of people have them, but I see no use personally. I set the little thermostat thingy to the middle and leave it. My beer usually sits around 42 (I think, only just put a stick-on-thermometer on my keg today to check) , which is a damn good drinking temperature in my opinion.

Ha, I'm with you. Thanks for the info!

Any other options? I saw the Danby DAR044A2SLDD and measured the inside dims but not sure.

Back