Best retail kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timvinson1

Reaction score
I need some opinions on the best retail kegerator for home-brew. I finally got the approval from the wife to get a kegerator, but she doesn't have faith in my handiness to convert a fridge or freezer... SO I'm stuck with a normal kegerator.

I've seen quite a few on craigslist, ebay, amazon, and other online retailers. I then read reviews- but literally NONE of them are consistently well reviewed.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with some kegerators or suggestions on how to choose one?

Also, if I do get a used one and it turns out to have cheap parts... As long as it holds a temp well, can it be upgraded easily enough? i.e.. new faucets, tower, beer lines ect..

I was in the same exact boat. Talked my wife into getting one but she said I could build it only if I could garuantee that it would look perfect. That's not a garuntee that I could give so I looked around for about a month and ended up going with BeverageFactory.com. The ones on craigslist always looked old and beat up and I didn't want that in my house.

BeverageFactory.com had a lot to choose from ranging from 1 tap to 3 and more tabs. And they had kegerators that were in the 400-500 range to several thousand. I eventually went with this one. http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kegerators/dualkegerator/Kegco_K209B-2_dual_faucet_kegerator.html. It can hold a 1/4 comerical keg and 2 corny kegs at the same time.

I recently purchased kegerator from Beverage Factory. The kegerator I purchased had free shipping. I also didn't want to purchase a used kegerator. I would suggest figuring out what you eventually want to have. (ex. 1,2,3 taps or more.) Look around at websites, see what's available on Craig's list, etc. Take your time, enjoy the journey. You'll figure out what will work best for you.

NRS

http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer.shtml

So this cam fit a tall 1/4 AND two cornies at the same time?? So a tall 1/4 and a 1/6 should be no problem? Anyone have measurements of the inside?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I was in the same exact boat. Talked my wife into getting one but she said I could build it only if I could garuantee that it would look perfect. That's not a garuntee that I could give so I looked around for about a month and ended up going with BeverageFactory.com. The ones on craigslist always looked old and beat up and I didn't want that in my house.

BeverageFactory.com had a lot to choose from ranging from 1 tap to 3 and more tabs. And they had kegerators that were in the 400-500 range to several thousand. I eventually went with this one. http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kegerators/dualkegerator/Kegco_K209B-2_dual_faucet_kegerator.html. It can hold a 1/4 comerical keg and 2 corny kegs at the same time.

I like the look of this kegerator; does anyone know if this could be used under a cabinet? The same brand of cabinet - ready kegerator is almost 3 times as much!

Back