Bigger burner for keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpsloan

Reaction score
I recently acquired a keggle from another homebrewer. First time I used it was at a group brewday, and I ended up borrowing a burner from someone else. However, when I got home and checked it out on my own Bayou Classic burner I was using (9" diameter I think), the keggle doesn't sit on it steady... the "bubble" on the bottom just kind of sits on the ring and wobbles.

This obviously won't do.

For those who have changed from a basic 32qt Bayou Classic to a keggle, what did you do to upgrade your burner? Is there a larger more stable burner tripod out there I can pick up, and if so, what do you recommend?

My keggle bottom is very vent and distorted and the burner support for the kettle to rest on are 4 thin bras that come out each corner. I have to roaste it just right to sit steady. I am hoping to (soon) just weld a square around the supports for a nice flat surface. You could just welt an angle iron square around the current ring to widen the surface. If you have access to a welder that is.

There are a lot of people that use either the Bayou Classic SQ-14, or the KAB4/ the newer KAB6. I use the KAB6 (not a keggle) but it works great and a keggle has a couple of inches of space on all sides.

Alright, thanks for the input guys! I'm going to keep my eye peeled on ebay and Google for sales on these suckers.

Latest posts

Back