Blichmann AutoSparge help needed -- rod slightly too long

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sibelman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My "new" (used, actually) AutoSparge almost fits my Chapman 10-gal. mash tun -- the rod is just a wee bit too long. Please, no "that's what she said" jokes. :)

It's got the stock 6-inch float rod. Does anyone know if those are 10-24 threads? Suggestions re either
1. cut the rod without f'ing up the threads too badly, or
2. where to get a hunk of suitable stainless threaded rod I can cut to the ideal length?

The sparge arm threading is longer than will actually fully screw into either float ball or valve. If "wee" is like under a half inch there's a chance the stock 6" arm could be shortened enough to fit...

Cheers!

The sparge arm threading is longer than will actually fully screw into either float ball or valve. If "wee" is like under a half inch there's a chance the stock 6" arm could be shortened enough to fit...

Cheers!
Yup, I'm considering your and Bobby's modification ideas vs. preserving the stock arm ('cuz, um, ?) and buying M6 stainless threaded rod. But it's just about beer-thirty, so (like Scarlett) I'll think about it...tomorrow. Thanks again.

Back