Blichmann Beer gun question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbachunk

Reaction score
Ever since my old counter pressure bottle filler bit the dust a couple months back I have looked around for a replacement. I have seen reviews that were positive so I think I am going to pull the trigger on the blichmann beer gun from Austin Homebrew supply.
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_356_321&products_id=10400

My question is what exactly does the second accessory kit do for me? I have a 3 way split already that my gas goes through so do I only need the first one?
I dont want to order more or less then I really need.

Thanks for the help!

This doesn't answer your question ......... but read biermunchers thread on the biermuncher bottle filler and try it before you pull the trigger on the blichman. There are a number of ways to successfully bottle from the keg without buying the beer gun.

This doesn't answer your question ......... but read biermunchers thread on the biermuncher bottle filler and try it before you pull the trigger on the blichman. There are a number of ways to successfully bottle from the keg without buying the beer gun.

I keg mead to age in before bottling and want the added protection I would get from the beer gun/cp filler. Especially since my wines are still so no dissolved co2 would mean oxidation with his method, but thanks for the suggestion.

To properly use the Beer Gun you need to have CO2 pressure on the keg (to move the beer / mead) and CO2 hooked up to the Beer Gun so you can purge the bottle with CO2 before filling, to prevent oxidation.

The Beer Gun Bottle Filler Accessory Kit #2 allows someone with a typical set up (like this) to put pressure on their keg and hook the same CO2 line up to their beer gun.

In your case, you already have a CO2 Splitter, so you just need to have one line going to the keg and another line going to the beer gun. You don't need kit 2.

You probably still need kit 1, unless you have all those parts already.

Here is a a drawing.
Note: the lines will be longer then what is shown

Beer-Gun-drawing.gif

I put a qd on the air to co2 tank regulator. For me, it was a PITA to connect and disconnect the beer gun from the co2 tank.

DSC01673.JPG

The qd I used seals w/o shut off

DSC01677.JPG

DSC01675.JPG

I put a qd on the air to co2 tank regulator. For me, it was a PITA to connect and disconnect the beer gun from the co2 tank.

DSC01673.JPG

The qd I used seals w/o shut off

DSC01677.JPG

DSC01675.JPG

Could you list all the parts you need to do this, also best place to order... I like the QD idea. Thanks

Could you list all the parts you need to do this, also best place to order... I like the QD idea. Thanks

I'm the most mechanically challenged individual. I got the parts from a hydraulic hose distributor in the area. I took the gun and regulator in and they did the rest.

I believe the qds are self-sealing hydraulic hose qd. If no one else chimes in I'll stop in on Monday and get a parts list.

I should say I bought two sets of female qd. One is used on the gun and the other is a regular beer line with a ball lock qd on the other end. No sense having a splitter and not be able to use both outputs.

EDIT:

These look like they could be the ones
http://www.mcmaster.com/#quick-disconnect-hose-couplings/=9v2gdu

and I suppose you could use regular air compressor qd. You'd have to be sure to shut the co2 off before disconnect, though

The third or fourth time I try to use this and it already seems to be broken due to the fragility of the end piece with the rubber stopper. I will fill up a keg with water later to test and see if I can trouble shoot the problem but I am very very disappointed with this equipment right now

Back