Boise Clubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcollings

Reaction score
So a friend of mine in Portland is an avid brewer and is in a grate brew club. I'm just getting started with homebrewing. I just got all my equipment and and getting ready to start. I was wondering if there are any brew clubs in Boise, Id that I could join for help.

There's at least 1. snakeriverbrewers.org But I'm not a member so I can't speak for them. I'm pretty sure I've seen another and then there's 1 on Facebook as well.

I think there are technically 3. Snake River brewers meet monthly (in Nampa or Meridian I think). They're a big active group with lots of attention to bylaws and such. I'm in the Boise Brewers (aka Brew Con Brew Club) and we meet monthly in Boise (usually on the last Thursday of the month.) We usually have 8-12 people, bring some of our beers to share and critique, and get together for group brews periodically. We're meeting Thursday night at Sockeye at 7pm. I'm bringing a couple beers to share. Idaho Brewing Association seems to focus mostly on group brews. They're brewing this weekend.

@diatonic - What time do you guys usually meet on Thursdays. Are people welcome to just show up?

I think there are technically 3. Snake River brewers meet monthly (in Nampa or Meridian I think). They're a big active group with lots of attention to bylaws and such. I'm in the Boise Brewers (aka Brew Con Brew Club) and we meet monthly in Boise (usually on the last Thursday of the month.) We usually have 8-12 people, bring some of our beers to share and critique, and get together for group brews periodically. We're meeting Thursday night at Sockeye at 7pm. I'm bringing a couple beers to share. Idaho Brewing Association seems to focus mostly on group brews. They're brewing this weekend.

@diatonic - What time do you guys usually meet on Thursdays. Are people welcome to just show up?

Our next meeting is scheduled for 3/27/2014 at 7:00pm. We're meeting at the Front Door at 6th & Main. We have the back room reserved. You're welcome to just show up. You can join our group on facebook if you want to keep up with meetings - https://www.facebook.com/groups/boisebrewers/

There's also a mailing list we send meeting details to, signup info at http://boisebrewers.org. Cheers!

Thanks for the info... Thursday nights are tough for me, but I will try and make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Are there events other than the Thursday night meets? Like ronshosti, Thursdays don't work for me but I'd like to get involved.

We should be doing more group brews and stuff soon. Funny that both of the bigger clubs do thursday night meetings. I'll post back with info on events as they come out. When we know where we're brewing for big brew I'll post it, but I'll be out of town. :-/

This is an old thread. I have a business card from Snake River Brewers.. but, the website is no longer any good..

I'm a new resident in Meridian, near Ustick and Eagle Rd. Any contact info will be helpful.. Thanks.

Back