Bottling 3 batches I let go for a while...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTBrewer

Reaction score
Got out of the brewing thing for a bit and three batches sat at 60 degrees for 5-6 months.

Cream Ale, brewed Oct 5th, Kolsch yeast

Ordinary Bitter, brewed Sept 25th, Notty Danstar

Winter Spiced, brewed Sept 5th, sitting in secondary on fruit since Oct 5th, Notty.

Would anybody recommend adding some yeast, I think if I bottle and wait ~month should be ok? If i need to ass some, how much and which kind?

Would anybody recommend adding some yeast, I think if I bottle and wait ~month should be ok? If i need to ass some, how much and which kind?

You mean add yeast, not "ass" some, right. lol...... Sorry had to point that out.

It should be fine to carbonate. It may take longer to carbonate, but give it a month (like u plan) and you shouldnt have any issues. I know some people have left for 6 months before bottling with no issues carbonating.

If you decide to add yeast, just go with S-05 or notty. For bottle conditioning, the yeast doesn't really matter that much. The heavy lifting/flavor contribution has already been done by the yeast that fermented the beer.

**UPDATE**

Didn't ass or add yeast. Day 18 after bottling and here's the Kolsch:

lacey2.jpg

Nice brew!

:off:Keep the yeast out of your ass. Don't want it fermenting anything up there + the blow off could be horrendous!

Back