Brewing in SW Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewZer

Work is the curse of the drinking class.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, all! Just joined and I'm impressed with the depth of knowledge on beering here.

I found this site while investigating Wyeast 3787 characteristics, and I wish I had done that before I pitched it into a batch of proposed Belgian Tripel.

I've been HB'ing on and off since the late '90's. My kit consists of an Ale Pail combo, a 6-gallon Mr Beer I found at a flea market, and a PE conical fermenter. I generally prefer to brew batches of mid-strength lighter ales, but occasionally delve into higher gravity experiments like the Tripel that's currently staining my Mr Beer and holiday darks.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot on these forums!

Larry

Welcome from a homebrewer in Harrison. There's just about anything you could ever want to know about homebrewing on this forum.

Cheers.

Welcome from Dayton!

I am currently brewing on a "loaner" all grain setup a friend is letting me hold on to. He and his brother in law recently bought a Spike Brewing Electric system and he has gifted me his old equipment. I have only been brewing for a few years but I have been amazed at how generous and welcoming the entire homebrewing community is.

Cheers and happy brewing!

Thanks for the welcomes -- I'm glad to see so many responses from this area. Any suggestions for LHBS (besides Brewtensils, which I found on my own...)?

I use Listermann's in Cincinnati. It's by Xavier University. I don't know what part of SW Ohio you're in, but that's the closest one to me.

And if it is a bit of a drive, they have a taproom too and food, so it wouldn't be a complete waste of a trip. Well, except for the ingredients of course.

I use Brewtensils myself, as they typically have what I need and I usually brew without much lead time to prepare. The staff there has been tremendous with helping me get into this hobby. I never feel pressured and they always listen to my crazy ideas and help me bring them to fruition! Jacob and Rebecca in particular are very helpful and welcoming and I can say I enjoy stopping in. There is another place called Home Brew Your Own Beer by the Dayton Mall that I stopped into one time. I didn't need anything but was in the area so I stopped in. The manager seemed helpful, but it was a little space as far as selection and it is a significantly longer drive for me, so I have not purchased anything from them.

I use Listermann's in Cincinnati. It's by Xavier University. I don't know what part of SW Ohio you're in, but that's the closest one to me.

And if it is a bit of a drive, they have a taproom too and food, so it wouldn't be a complete waste of a trip. Well, except for the ingredients of course.

I've seen their website -- next time I'm down that way, I plan to drop in and see what they've got.

From a one-stop shopping perspective, I can't fault Brewtensils. They've had everything I've asked for so far...

Back