Carbonation after Campden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iammatt

Reaction score
So I've been sitting on this batch of cider I've had in various states of secondary/tertiary/quatertary and so forth over the past 9 months. Now it's nice, clear, and matured and I'd like to bottle carbonate it. Problem/question is I've used campden after each racking to try and push the O2 out of the vessel, now that I want to carbonate the yeast should be dead obviously.

Now to bottle carb, in theory I should be able to add yeast and sugar to the bottling bucket and proceed, however is there any yeast per volume recommendations or any preferred yeast here? I'd like to keep the sugar around the run of the mill 1oz. per Gallon.

I've done this once and it worked out for me. So someone w/ more experience in this, feel free to correct me.

I just put half a packet of the yeast I used for fermentation in my bottling bucket along w/ the priming sugar. Then I just put my stuff on there and bottled it. Everything was carbed for me.

Back