Carboy Transporter on eBay.....ridiculous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
Carboy Transporter

I just found this on ebay. The price is insane. Give me thirty dollars and thirty minutes and I can go to Harbor Freight and make the exact same product they are selling for 150$

Do these things actually sell?

Is this for fu@@king real? Give me a break. Harbor Freight is probably where they got them, and all it takes is one or two dumba$$es to buy one and they make a killing. I think I'll order some dollies and sell them for half the price.

By far one of the most ridiculous fricken things I've ever seen. Almost as bad as the dudes on CL who sell a beat up refrigerator with a tap in front (no kegs or CO2 tank) as a kegerator and want $200.

I have half a mind to contact the seller and tell him what a ****** he is, but I got to give him some credit if he actually makes a profit on these.

Yeah, I'm going to pick up a full carboy and put down on the ground and strap it in, then tilt it back (thus agitating any trub/lees) and watching the stopper plop out spilling 1/4 of the contents as I roll along (f'ing red wine on my white shag carpet). After I move it 10 feet, I'll unstrap it, then pick it up off the ground to put on the racking table. I rupture a disc while getting a hernia at the same time right before it slips from my hands because of the spilt wine/beer dripping down the side. It lands on the dolly, breaking into multiple razor sharp shards that lacerate my legs and inner thigh, missing the family jewels by millimeters. I lay bleeding profusely watching my blood mix with the red wine on my white shag carpet as I wait for the ambulance to arrive.

I knew I should have just gotten a Better Bottle. :D

And what Edwort just said is exactly what should get sent to the seller and left as feedback.

BTW Ed, Your house ale 3 days on gas, starting to taste pretty good.

This makes more sense: $169
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
clear.gif
94822.gif

92% positive feedback on that seller. I won't deal with anyone who isn't at least 99% positive and 100+ feedback.

I don't sell stuff on Ebay anymore.. been burned before with someone claiming the item didn't work (I tested it before shipping it out) and demanding a refund including shipping costs which were exorbitant because it was a large item. At least as the buyer you can choose who to buy from.

92% positive feedback on that seller. I won't deal with anyone who isn't at least 99% positive and 100+ feedback.

I don't sell stuff on Ebay anymore.. been burned before with someone claiming the item didn't work (I tested it before shipping it out) and demanding a refund including shipping costs which were exorbitant because it was a large item. At least as the buyer you can choose who to buy from.

You acknowledge how screwed up the system is, because someone can just claim the product didn't work and demand a refund or leave negative feedback, but you won't work with anyone who doesn't have 99%+ positive? Isn't it entirely possible that his 92% is due in part to people doing to him what you had done to you by buyers? Shouldn't that at least warrant some investigation into the actual feedback comments? Just sayin.

You acknowledge how screwed up the system is, because someone can just claim the product didn't work and demand a refund or leave negative feedback, but you won't work with anyone who doesn't have 99%+ positive? Isn't it entirely possible that his 92% is due in part to people doing to him what you had done to you by buyers? Shouldn't that at least warrant some investigation into the actual feedback comments? Just sayin.

Actually, you are right, I will review the feedback too, I discount any negative feedback with "seller is an ***hole" or such garbage assuming the user is a troll. In this seller's case there is a 41/41 = 100% rating as a seller, which is good, so I would consider buying from this person even though their overall feedback rating isn't so high.

Look at his feedback, the 1 negative he has is from a seller to him. So really shouldn't reflect on how he is as a seller.

I agree though this is a stupid idea, but if he can get someone to buy and it like it... I guess that's ok.

I am struggling with the idea of placing some Audio test gear on Ebay auction for this very reason.

can't we all make fake accounts, and bid the thing through the roof? doesn't he get whacked ebay charges based on the sell price, regardless of collecting the money?

Latest posts

Back