Checking in from the Sunshine State

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slone

Reaction score
Hello all. Been lurking for a while, figured time to sign up. I am a Florida native and somewhat a newb, though I've done a few small batches in years past. Caught the bug to get a little more serious.

I brewed up a 5 gallon batch of Ginger Beer on 1/31 and have it fermenting away. If all goes to plan, it should tap out at around 7% abv. I'll be corny kegging and force carbing this batch. I will have to wait and see if any back sweetening will be needed and if so, I'm only looking for a slight bit to balance it out if necessary.

My next batches will likely be a cream stout, porter, and/or a cider depending on my mood and how quickly my wife attacks the ginger beer! lol.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums. :mug:

Welcome to the forums from freezing Massachusetts! Happy brewing!

While I'm a Florida native, I did live in Mass for a few years before returning back to my home state. I certainly don't miss those cold winters or trying to dig my car out if the snow for sure!!!! Do miss catching a game at Fenway, grabbing a bite at Santarpios in Eastie, and some great fishing in the west side of the state.

Welcome!! From a former upstate New Yorker to a now Florida resident for the past 19 years..

Latest posts

Back