Chicken Taco Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tally350z

Reaction score
Anyone have a good, smoked chicken taco recipe. I plan on smoking a few chicken halves, and then a couple of sauces for the shredded chicken.

When I make chicken tacos I usually braise some chicken thighs, but smoking/pulling them would be great too. I never write a recipe when I'm winging it in the kitchen, but here's roughly what I do and you can adjust accordingly.

In the food processor puree red pepper (preferably roasted), dried chilies like guajillo or new mexico, jalapeno, lime juice, beer (I've used cerveza, a homebrewed lime basil wheat, etc), salt and pepper, coriander, cumin, chili powder, and garlic.

Season chicken thighs with salt/pepper, and sear in a cast iron skillet along with some onions. Add some tomato paste or sauce and reduce that a bit, then add the braising liquid from the food processor. Let that reduce a bit then add a bit of porter or stout (I used Mayan Mocha Stout once and it was amazing). Let simmer/reduce for an hour or so, then shred the chicken.

Serve on a tortilla with black bean hummus and top with corn salsa and cilantro (I can give you recipes for those too if you want). Killer tacos!

chickentacos.jpg

Back