Chocolate cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melana

Up to no good....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you that know me a little you might be aware that I can't stand chocolate. My taste buds despise the substance. With that out of the way.... My cousin is coming east from Pittsburgh and its her husbands birthday. His favorite cake is chocolate and somehow I got signed up to produce said chocolate cake. Good news? I won't eat it. Bad news? I can't for the life of me figure out what I want to fill the 6 layer cake with. Oh, I've built it up in my mind as to what it looks like yet I can't wrap my brain around the flavors. Any ideas?

How about whipped cream, sour cream or cream cheese? Either plain of flavoured, you can't really go wrong with any of them; barring lactose intolerance. Maybe a nondairy fruit filling like cherry; black cherry & dark chocolate are a match made in heaven. Orange work well, as does apricot. Maybe an almond filling? Or maybe a raisin, date & fig filling?
Just tossing ideas out there. Regards, GF.

Oh how I hate chocolate. And I'm halfway into the cake process. Raspberry dark chocolate ganache, raspberry butter cream (oh so yummy) and orange ganache. It's 8 layers of cake. Thankfully I hate chocolate.

Layer it with melted caramels and top it off with a chocolate icing with chopped walnut! My wife use to make one similar..... before we started watching what we ate.... and it was magnificent!!!

Naked cake

1392504841034.jpg

Latest posts

Back