CO2 Distributor from Northern Brewer -- Ball or Duck-Bill Check Valves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchoven

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my CO2 distributor to MFL connections and am looking at this manifold from Northern Brewer: CO2 Distributor 4-Way w/ 1/4" MFL shutoffs.

image_855.jpg

According to the description, the valves have " integral check valve to prevent backflow of gas or liquid." Does anyone know if it has ball check valves or duck-bill check valves? I've had some bad luck with the duck-bill check valves, hoping this one uses ball check valves. Surely someone out there uses this manifold ...

Thanks.

We have that very manifold. I'm pretty sure it's ball check valves but not 100%. No complaints on it so far after almost a year. We did have a small amount of beer get into the gas line but that was our fault. Over filled keg plus dramatic pressure change. Even still it never got to the manifold, just a tiny bit about 2-3 inches up the line. Hope that helps.

Back