Confused by Revvy vs. RevIP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, so maybe I took a couple weeks off from the forum or something, but I'm lost on the whole Beer Reverend Poster (BRP, or burp for short) thing.

I started out with Revvy, who was ubiquitous in the forums. Now I have RevIP, who I swear I've never seen before about two weeks ago, but has amassed an eye-popping 247million posts or something, and the old familiar Revvy is missing. Or at least he's avoiding the trash heap:mad:

Are they one and the same? Was there a transfer of interest? Did RevIP bonk Revvy on the head with a thick book? What gives?

He used to be IrregularPulse. IP went and got ordained to perform weddings.

And yeah, he probably did kill Revvy.

IP took a minister course and got his certification ... Changed his name to RevIP thinking he could go back to IP at anytime... he can't

Yes I am Revvy. Just changed my name.

This is of course a lie and I am actaully previously known as IrregularPulse and Springer nailed it. I'd really like my old name back but PM to tx has gone unanswered. I shall deal. But I am flattered to be even noticed outside of the TR.

IP took a minister course and got his certification ... Changed his name to RevIP thinking he could go back to IP at anytime... he can't
But it wasn't so much of a course as it was entering my name, email address and home address.

Revvy is still around, he's just not EVERYWHERE as in days past.
He is working some a historical project in his town about old breweries. That's probably whats consuming his time.

But it wasn't so much of a course as it was entering my name, email address and home address.

He is working some a historical project in his town about old breweries. That's probably whats consuming his time.

You file it with the state as well? In MI I have to file with the state to be legit. Did you go Universal Life Church or Church of Elvis?

Wait I got an idea....

Sooo my fermenter has been bubbling for the last couple days and it suddenly stopped. Should I rack to a secondary? Or should I keg it now and pressure to 30lbs.???

(that should draw him out! --- I will go hide over here and spring my trap!):drunk:

Wait I got an idea....

Sooo my fermenter has been bubbling for the last couple days and it suddenly stopped. Should I rack to a secondary? Or should I keg it now and pressure to 30lbs.???

(that should draw him out! --- I will go hide over here and spring my trap!):drunk:

You should dump it immediately. It is infected.

If Revvy and IP are boinking, someone needs to start a poll so we can pick which one we think is the pitcher and which is the catcher. :D

I get super confused when people change names. It takes a very long time to click esp. if they have been around awhile.

I get super confused when people change names. It takes a very long time to click esp. if they have been around awhile.

Me too! Hugh_Jass got a new name a while back, and here I thought I had a new friend. It turns out he was still the same guy. I ended up apologizing, because I really didn't "recognize" him!

Homer,
I was "OhioGuy" when I first joined. I've been a Hugh_Jass for a while now.;)

I'm thinking about changing my name to Hugh_Jasss, think that will confuse anyone?

No, I think it's a big enough change that no one will get confused.

I'm pretty good usually, but there is a new user named Beerrific and I was very confused because I thought it was Beeriffic. Or wait, is that reversed? Anyway, I'm not smart enough to figure things like that out so it's cruel to play tricks on me!

You file it with the state as well? In MI I have to file with the state to be legit. Did you go Universal Life Church or Church of Elvis?
Yeah I have my appliation for tehs tate sitting at my desk. Just need to scan my certificate and send in a copy with my $10 some day. I'll probably wait until a friend actaully wants me to officiate their marriage. I went with universal life Church. There are 3 branches in Columbus in one in Waverly near me.

Nobody seemed confused when I switched from bernerbits to bernerbrau...
hmmm...are we getting an epiphany about how much we are liked? :p

By the way, Mrs. Hugh_Jass probably doesn't like that name. I have to start calling her Mrs. HJ or something.
Yeah what woman wouldn't LOVE the nickname Mrs. HJ!

I don't know how great that would be either. Might as well call her Mrs. BJ.
I'm sure Hugh would appreciate the name change!

Need some new rules, if you are over 100 posts, no name change for you! I get way too confused, especially when people change their avatar too. Brownie needs the pile of brownies avatar again...

Oh and I don't really look like this
<-------

but I like the movie...

Brownie needs the pile of brownies avatar again...

Hah. I changed my username well before the avatar change.

And if you'd been getting your daily dose of Tap Room, you wouldn't have been so confused. Really, you only have yourselves to blame.

On an unrelated note, did anyone notice a Revvy post today? Holy crap, he's back from the dead!

Homer,
I was "OhioGuy" when I first joined. I've been a Hugh_Jass for a while now.;)

Oh, ok. I thought you changed your name again. I thought maybe you were trying to get out of sending me beer after the football season...

(BTW - I really enjoyed the last few you sent, except for the special one, which is still aging...) But this year you will sending me beer because you HAVE to! Browns are going down!

Back