Copper Tubing Sales (aka ICS INDUSTRIES INC), long delayed cc charge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonpile

Reaction score
I purchased some tubing for an IC from these guys on July 15th, and just noticed that the charge came through on my card overnight.

I called them and the person I spoke to said that their website provider had the credit card functionality set to authorize only and that they just finalized all the charges yesterday. The guy seemed less than apologetic.

If you've purchased anything on their site recently you should check your balance.

I'm a bit miffed about being charged for something two months after I bought it, especially since it caused an overdraft (which I realize is partially my own fault).

Not to sound ignorant....but did think you got the copper for free? Mind you that would have been sweet....but ultimately you gotta pay for it. Sucks you weren't expecting it, but......

Of course I didn't think I was getting it for free. I thought I'd paid for it almost two months ago. The authorization, which they did do, showed up in my account right away. By law it gets dropped 96 hours later if it hasn't come through as an actual charge.

I think that if they discovered that they hadn't been actually charging their website customers for at least two months they might want to give them a heads up first, even just 24 hours notice by email before finalizing the charges.

I am planning to build a new IC, so I have been price checking copper cost. I have notice that they are not selling any cheaper than my local Menards (they are like Lowes)
The price equals out after shipping costs.

It was a bit cheaper at the time, and they have the 3/8" to 1/2" fittings you need to go from 1/2" Refrigeration to 1/2" regular plumbing copper. My Home Depot didn't have that.

Anyway, my point in posting this in the first place was because I know a lot of people on this forum buy from them, and I just wanted to warn them that charges they thought were settled a long time ago might have come through the other day.

Latest posts

Back