damn it!!! my hose is frozen!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait - is this you? :D

1644207472497.png

Both will charge you $300 just for showing up!
it was already to stiff! 🤣 :mug: and it was for hours, i was thinking about maybe needing to call a plumber/doctor, whatever!!
Both will charge you $300 just to talk to them, fixing it is extra! Time to build an electric kettle and brew indoors if you ask me. You know the boil is done when everything in the room is sweating.

Both will charge you $300 just for showing up!

Both will charge you $300 just to talk to them, fixing it is extra! Time to build an electric kettle and brew indoors if you ask me. You know the boil is done when everything in the room is sweating.

i did brew it inside! ;) cleaning up still requires me to take it out back! wait that doesn't sound right....

I hate draining hoses. In winter I lay my unattached hoses stretched out on a slope in the back yard. Every time I put them up, I end up needing them anyway. Now I just leave them out.

I hate draining hoses. In winter I lay my unattached hoses stretched out on a slope in the back yard. Every time I put them up, I end up needing them anyway. Now I just leave them out.

my hose is 200' long......and my yard is flat.....

You can't rinse from the spigot?

no.....

I run a hose from outside spigot to garage brewhouse every brew day.
And I drain it as I roll it up at the end of every brew day.
It froze on me once, between kettle filling and end of boil chilling and I just don't ever want to have to go through that 3 hours waiting for it to thaw ever again.

Damn, 260$ !?!

I can count on six to seven months of snow and ice a year and I'd never spend that on a hose. I roll my hose up after use in the winter. It's always ready to go.

And how the hell can ya brew and not clean up immediately? LOL. It boggles my mind.

LOL. It boggles my mind.

i notice you put that in a different order? it boggles my mind? :mug:

@GilSwillBasementBrews you know i got a roll of this stuff....let me look it up..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281789667008?epid=6019370600&hash=item419bf916c0:g:pMgAAOSwMNxXaDhu
could probably just tape it on and hook it up to my car battery charger......even cheaper....or with what i've learned with my dryer experience, could i just shove it down the hose, and trust ground would pull the neutrilized electrons out if just hook up positive to it?

I run a hose from outside spigot to garage brewhouse every brew day.
And I drain it as I roll it up at the end of every brew day.
It froze on me once, between kettle filling and end of boil chilling and I just don't ever want to have to go through that 3 hours waiting for it to thaw ever again.
Been there and done that as well.
Finished the boil and was like, WTF?

Hang on everyone! Don't you have washing machines that have a 3/4" supply and an air gap supply you can jam your outlet house into?! This sh** can be easier! F*** the cold winter goblins! This is the perfect weather to make lagers to save until lawn mower season!

never thought about using the washing machine supply line! :mug: i'd only need like a 20' hose then....

And a nice T-valve, or the whole system degrades quickly with changing hoses in and out

Oh! And a way to remember to switch it reliably and never forget to do so, lest ye invoke the indefatigable wrath of she who does laundry.

for the record, i was hoping to brew today....but morebeer f'd up my order i got 6 5lb bags of base malt instead of the 4 10lb bags i ordered..... :(

not sure how i'd prove it besides the shipping label even says, 24lbs? which is weird...because it should be 30lbs?

Back