DC Area Group Buy #13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here's my order, but I'm aware that I may lose out on the new splits and have to "fold" if no one else wants the rest. (I'm flexible to take more or less of them if that convinces anyone else to join in.) BTW, are we doing hop orders? No one seems to be buying them. Stonebrewer, I'll take half of the remaining acidulated and you can take the other half.

Full bags SKU Name
1 RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat 50 lb
2 1850C AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PILSEN 55 lb

SPLITS
10# 1937C BRIESS CHOCOLATE MALT 50 LB
20# WEY1017 Weyermann Munich Type 1 25 kg (55 lb)
20# BRI1035 Briess 2-Row Caramel 40L 50 lb
5# WEY1072 Weyermann Acidulated 25 kg (55 lb)

Thanks!

I'll take 20# of BRI1035 Briess 2-Row Caramel 40L if you want to take 30# and close that split.
Will take 20# of 1937C BRIESS CHOCOLATE MALT 50 LB, leaving 20# open in that split.

Bigbeavk - will do when I get home tonight...sorry...been under the weather with a nasty summer cold. Argh!

People jump on splits THIS WEEK please! Would ideally like to have them all closed by this SAT morning...

Will update the spreadsheet tonight with the new entries...cheers!

Group buy noobie question - I probably need to bring buckets to carry my splits home with, yes?
^^^ NEWB ALERT!!! :eek: HAHAHA CHECK OUT THE NEW GUY - ROOOOOOOOOOOOKIE, so embarrassed for him... :smack: ... asking questions about things he doesn't know...

in all seriousness tho, buckets are appreciated - especially if you can get there early so that we can fill the buckets directly during the splitting process. otherwise your splits will be put in plastic bags.

also: folks, please remember to bring spare plastic bags too! if we don't use them this time 'round, we'll use them for the buy.

stonebrewer: i've got 4 or 5 of Bigbeavk's white buckets that i'm not using, so happy to put them back into circulation. as per usual, i have no idea when i'm going to make it to the splitting party/pick up so probably best if i hand them off to you in advance... we should get together some night and discuss :D (get better soon, buddy... you clearly need time off of work)

OK then, we are going to close this buy next weekend. Please get your PayPal funds to me by SAT morning at 9AM on 22 AUG 15. Just send all funds to me, whole sacks and splits, and I will make sure everything checks with the spreadsheet.

Two splits left: Crisp Brown 15# and Acidulated 10#. If no one wants the acidulated, I will close that out on SAT as I use it to adjust my PH in the mash...have a bunch, but it doesn't go bad ;>. If folks could gobble up the rest of the Brown, that would be awesome.

Watch this space over the next week for closing details!

Cheers!

All paid up!

Please put me down for:

1862C AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM VIENNA 55 lb

I should be be able help with splits. I've scrounged up a bundle of never used plastic shopping bags

Tony, I just went ahead paid.
Thanks for organizing.

I'll take 20# of BRI1035 Briess 2-Row Caramel 40L if you want to take 30# and close that split.
Will take 20# of 1937C BRIESS CHOCOLATE MALT 50 LB, leaving 20# open in that split.

Deal. Thanks. I am now taking 30# of Briess 2-row Caramel 40L. If anyone else wants 5-10 pounds of it, let me know and I can set aside a portion for you.

OK, please review the sheets and make sure I didn't screw up. I have a 101 fever and my mind isn't working right! I have not put payment information in recently, so don't sweat that for a day or two as I don't wanna screw that up (too?).

To recap, there is 15# of Brown and 20# of Chocolate up for grabs. All other splits are closed.

Cheers fellas!
T

I'm going to have to cancel my order this time. Please remove my order and I'll catch the next one.

I do have a trunk load of buckets so if someone wants to stop by and pick them up let me know soon or I'll recycle them.

Bigbeavk - order removed
BrewSavage - chocolate fever acknowledged!

5# of Chocolate and 15# of Brown waiting to be picked up! Please snag it by SAT if you can!
Sheets are up to date as of this post, please review.

I'm going to have to cancel my order this time. Please remove my order and I'll catch the next one.

I do have a trunk load of buckets so if someone wants to stop by and pick them up let me know soon or I'll recycle them.

Where you at? I can help with the buckets. Hopefully the pickup is not when I am at Disney World over Labor day weekend. PM me, I am in Gaithersburg.

With the buy closing this weekend, when do you project the pickup date to occur?

With the buy closing this weekend, when do you project the pickup date to occur?

Great question! Typically we let 3 stars have 3 weeks to process the order to limit the number of sacks that do not show up. The wholesalers run out of grain from time to time, so if 3 stars can order 3 weeks in a row, they can usually get all of our grain in. One other factor is when 3 stars can deal with us coming in...right now I would predict the 12th but need to confirm with them.

NOTE: I touched the spreadsheet a lot this morning, mainly reformatting the bulk grain sheet to get rid of CAPS and add a little information to a few malts, and then I sorted it alphabetically to make it easier on you (and me!!).

5 pound of acidulated came back into the splits, so if you want that, please jump on it before SAT so we can close that split again. Open splits are:

5# Chocolate
5# acidulated
15# brown

Get 'em while you can!

Just got the email!

So far, I am good for September 12th. I have a scale and buckets and I plan to be there early to help.

I'll also have samples. :tank:

Where you at? I can help with the buckets. Hopefully the pickup is not when I am at Disney World over Labor day weekend. PM me, I am in Gaithersburg.

So far Brew Savage has PM'd me about the buckets. I'm in Monrovia, MD close to the 75 n 80 drag strip but I work in Germantown. I've dropped buckets of before for Brew Savages private collection so I think we'll be able to take care of them this time.
Thanks for the offer,
Bigbeavk :D

Keith,

I can probably swing by this weekend to pick them up, if need be.

I plan to do labels after things are OFFICIAL. I will be there on the 12th for splits/distro.

5 pound of acidulated came back into the splits, so if you want that, please jump on it before SAT so we can close that split again. Open splits are:

5# Chocolate
5# acidulated
15# brown

Get 'em while you can!

Put me down for the 5# acidulated.

Also, 1X 1866C Avangard Malz Premium Wheat 55 Lb

5# Chocolate

5# acidulated

15# brown

Get 'em while you can!

I will take the remaining 5 pounds of chocolate malt to close it out.

Cheers,

Kirk

And that closes ALL BUT THE BROWN!!

Ok, come on...where is the love for the BROWN?

Those of you on the split wanna get another 5# each to close this? Someone has to be planning a porter soon, right?

Last minute addition, sorry Tony.

1X Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale 55 Lb

Thank you.

P.S.: I'd also be happy to just take half of this sack if anybody wants in on it.

Last minute addition, sorry Tony.

1X Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale 55 Lb

Thank you.

P.S.: I'd also be happy to just take half of this sack if anybody wants in on it.

Done! No problem...we don't soft close until this weekend so new orders are fine...could even order *base grains only* next week if needed.

A huge thanks to everyone that got their payments in by this morning!! We have one straggler I need to run down and then I will submit the order.

We have one split that has not closed yet: Crisp Brown 10#. I don't need or want it, but I will take 5# if someone else will take the last 5# so we can finish this out and I don't have to refund the 5 people that are currently on the split...any takers?

Should be all paid up here... still in Scotland drinking great cask ale and walking the beautiful hills, a perfect combination!

quinag 2015-05.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

Back