DC Area Group Buy #14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I openned the split for Caramunich. If no one takes the last 10# dont cancel please, ill take it to keep the split going. Thanks for putting this together.

Still have the below hops available for anyone interested:

1# - German Perle
1# - US Hallertau
1# - Magnum
1# - Belma
1# - Summit
1# - El Dorado
3/4# - CTZ

$10 per pound, or $40 for them all. These are last years hops. Freezer kept in vacuum sealed bags.

Hey guys, I really need to get rid of these.

Will drop price to $5/lb for all except Summit, El Dorado and CTZ. Those 3 are still $10/lb.

Mt. Hood and US Goldings are spoken for (Lactobacillus).

Any other takers?

Actually I need some advise from the experience brewers out there. Like I said I have never done an all grain brew before, but I got some #50 AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PILSEN coming my way and at some point I need to figure out what to do with it. Who better to ask them than people that buy huge sacks of grains.. Do any of you have a pils recipe you would recommend? I was planning on buying the grain and supplementing the rest with an order online with the rest of the stuff I need. But I have no idea what else I need. Something for head retention? What type of hops? etc..

Any help would be appreciated. I'll also buy you a beer come grain pick up day!!

Tim

Actually I need some advise from the experience brewers out there. Like I said I have never done an all grain brew before, but I got some #50 AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PILSEN coming my way and at some point I need to figure out what to do with it. Who better to ask them than people that buy huge sacks of grains.. Do any of you have a pils recipe you would recommend? I was planning on buying the grain and supplementing the rest with an order online with the rest of the stuff I need. But I have no idea what else I need. Something for head retention? What type of hops? etc..

Any help would be appreciated. I'll also buy you a beer come grain pick up day!!

Tim

Do a simple all Pils beer. A Belgian patersbier, etc. Traveling now, reach out for more details if you would like.

Also, buy all of you additional stuff from 3 Stars homebrew shop. Yeast, etc. Either the Perle or Hallertau hops I am selling would be perfect. $5 for a LB is a deal compared to LHBS price. :)

Also, buy all of you additional stuff from 3 Stars homebrew shop. Yeast, etc. Either the Perle or Hallertau hops I am selling would be perfect. $5 for a LB is a deal compared to LHBS price. :)

That's my plan. Not buying grain this time, just helping. But I need hops and yeast (and check out the taproom).

Tim

Tim check this out: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

A lot of us do the Cat's Bitburger clone. This will require you to ferment at very cool, controlled temperatures so you may want a few brews under the belt before jumping into a lager yeast scenario. Ale yeast is much more forgiving, but if you have the setup (I use a temperature controlled chest freezer) go for the Bitburger clone as it is simple and awesome.

For simplicity, I might recommend that you get 2 row instead and do a simple ale. A SMASH comes to mind, which is a single malt and a single hop. One of the simplest beers to brew, fewest ingredients, and there are lots of recipes in that same area on HBT (RECIPES). You can also use the PILS with a single hop and an ale yeast as well.

If you want to be a little more adventurous than a SMASH, here's another recipe I've made several times and really love: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=32939.

Whatever you do, best of luck and feel free to ask more questions!

Thanks for the recipe. I have two chest freezers that are temperature controlled and I am comfortable with the lager steps. Actually I have am lagering something now. I'll give this a shot.

Thanks

I don't know if anything ended up happening with meeting at 7 locks tonight but if so I am stuck at work and won't be able to make it out there either way. If people do make it, enjoy!

Hey, change order!!

I'd like to change my
1x 1856C AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM MUNICH

To

1 x 1850C AVANGARD MALZ PREMIUM PILSNER

If the group buy is still open, I want to order the following:

1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

-Steve

Hey guys, I really need to get rid of these.

Will drop price to $5/lb for all except Summit, El Dorado and CTZ. Those 3 are still $10/lb.

Mt. Hood and US Goldings are spoken for (Lactobacillus).

Any other takers?

1# - German Perle
1# - US Hallertau
1# - Magnum
1# - Belma
1# - Summit
1# - El Dorado
3/4# - CTZ

The above are taken by BuffaloBillsBrew.

All hops sold!

If the group buy is still open, I want to order the following:

1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1 x CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

-Steve

It's still open...send a paypal by midnight tomorrow night. I added your order to the sheet tonight. Been a while, do you still have the link?

If I'm not too late I'd like to order:

1 x 1850C Avangard Malz Premium Pilsen
1 x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row

Thanks guys, Alonzo

If the buy is still open, I will order the following:

1 - Avangard Malz Premium Pale Ale 55 Lb
1 - Avangard Malz Premium Pilsen 55 Lb

Thank you. Can send paypal today, please let me know.

Really late in the game, anyone want to go half and half on a sack of rye malt? If not, then no worries. I just can't see killing 50# before it stales.

I'd like to get in on this order (if it is not too late) but it depends on when the pickup date will be (want to make sure I am in town)

Do we know the pickup date?

Edit: Now that I read more carefully, looks like the pickup will be 3 weeks from tomorrow: 9-Jan. Unfortunately that is the one Sat I can't do it. Alas. Looking forward to #15.

Thanks

I'd like to get in on this order (if it is not too late) but it depends on when the pickup date will be (want to make sure I am in town)

Do we know the pickup date?

Edit: Now that I read more carefully, looks like the pickup will be 3 weeks from tomorrow: 9-Jan. Unfortunately that is the one Sat I can't do it. Alas. Looking forward to #15.

Thanks
if you can't make it, you could ask someone to pick up for you. where do you live?

also, is Jan 9 now locked down? i thought we were considering a few different saturdays, i must have missed that Jan 9 was confirmed.

Back