Diacetyl question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tochsner

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I learned from NHC that not everyone can taste diacetyl in lower concentrations. I think I am one of those people because I wasn't getting if from a sample that was supposed to have some.

Is there a way for me to know if my beer has excess diacetyl? I have a Oktoberfest lager that I made for a party. I think it tastes great but I do get just a tiny bit of slick feeling from it.

Thanks.

I learned from NHC that not everyone can taste diacetyl in lower concentrations. I think I am one of those people because I wasn't getting if from a sample that was supposed to have some.

Is there a way for me to know if my beer has excess diacetyl? I have a Oktoberfest lager that I made for a party. I think it tastes great but I do get just a tiny bit of slick feeling from it.

Thanks.

"Slick feeling" in the mouthfeel, especially on the teeth or tongue, is a classic sign of diacetyl. Even if you can't taste it, if you can feel it, I think you'll be able to know it's there.

Back