DIY Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epimetheus

Reaction score
DIY Brewing Supply
Ludlow, MA and Sunderland, MA
diybrewing.com

DIY Brewing is a small storefront with good knowledge, top-notch ingredients, and lots of enthusiasm encouragement for the newbie.

This noob walked in looking for odds and ends to move from extract to the first all grain batch. I asked about a simple IPA recipe and they whipped one up on the spot to feature the candy-sweet malt I got from the local malt house (valleymalt.com), printed it up, and ground the malt I brought - no charge - in with their crystal malt, and finished with individual sealed hops bags so I did not have to worry about measuring this much at that time. They are fanatics for freshness. They get supplies in bulk and do not grind it until you order or ask for it - right there. They suggested some equipment, including a lab-quality thermometer, and asked and made doubly sure I had the right stuff for cleaning and sanitizing everything. (I know what to do, but as a noob I appreciate they asked to ensure cleanliness.)

They will put together a kit and refills for you for 5 gallon and even one gallon batches.

And they mentioned a local brew club, Sparge. IMO when you get into a hobby it is more fulfilling to get hooked up with other enthusiasts very soon. Hint- encourage your LBS to have handouts about the local clubs.

Tip of the cap to Nick and Lucas. Thanks guys, I'll bring in a sample when it is ready.

Back