Drinkin' the first Home Brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOB

Reaction score
Finally...I was as patient as I could be. EXACTLY 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, (then I cheated, only) 2 weeks 6 days conditioning in the bottle :rockin:

Couldn't be any happier with my first brew. American Light Ale...Check it out:

Nice head, pretty good flavor, can't wait for the next one cuz I know it's gonna be even better!

Thanks for all you guys and gals help around here...I couldn't have done it without you all! I have beer I can be proud to call my own!!!

Now all I need to do is stop procrastinating and become a member!

:ban:

Wow,

Nice looking beer! Very clear and nice color! Well done and congratulations!:tank:

SOB said:
Finally...I was as patient as I could be. EXACTLY 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, (then I cheated, only) 2 weeks 6 days conditioning in the bottle :rockin:

Couldn't be any happier with my first brew. American Light Ale...Check it out:

Nice head, pretty good flavor, can't wait for the next one cuz I know it's gonna be even better!

Thanks for all you guys and gals help around here...I couldn't have done it without you all! I have beer I can be proud to call my own!!!

Now all I need to do is stop procrastinating and become a member!

:ban:

Thanks a lot!

I wish you all could taste it to tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. There's nothing better than corrective criticism...

The pics are through image shack...I've been meaning to get me HBT membership started so I can post real pics. Let me know if anyone else has problems.

I'm too excited (and kinda drunk) here are a few more...be warned; picture posing is invoved:

mmm...beer...

wooo hooo! yay for you! thats fricken awesome that your first batch came out good. i couldnt see the first pic but i can see the attatchments, looks like a nice color.

Nice - a fine looking beer! And congratulations on having the patience to actually wait it out! You are a rare home brewer in that regard!

seefresh said:
ummm, SOB? You look just like my first college roommate, Bryan.... that isn't you is it?

Sorry man...maybe we're twins and are unaware of it! It's scary knowing there's 2 of us with these devilish good looks out there!

Where'd you go to college?

Congrats my man!!! That's great!!! I too have just cracked my first homebrew as weel (American Honey Wheat) and it tastes awesome.
The only problem is it kind of tastes like Pale Ale more than Honey Wheat. Do you, or anyone, know why this may be? I don't really want to complain but I just thought it would taste wheatier than pale ale(ier)? Any suggestions?

Darn...I was the 2nd one to notice the UPS calendar in the background.

Which leads me to wonder how many of us are on here...

Good looking brew!

jezter6 said:
Darn...I was the 2nd one to notice the UPS calendar in the background.

Which leads me to wonder how many of us are on here...

Good looking brew!
Ya, the calendar kinda sux. But I couldn't turn down a free calendar. It would be better if it was like a swimsuit calendar. Well, maybe...I haven't seen too many hot UPS workers! :cross:

I guess I have no patience. My first batch was:
5 days primary (last 2 with no activity)
10days in secondary
1 week in bottle
before I had to try one to see where it was. (of course I tried some at each transfer)
It is still flat. Hopefully it will carb up over the next couple weeks.
Craig

Latest posts

Back