Dude?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopmd

Reaction score
Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy. While few philosophers would claim to be nihilists, nihilism is most often associated with Friedrich Nietzsche who argued that its corrosive effects would eventually destroy all moral, religious, and metaphysical convictions and precipitate the greatest crisis in human history. In the 20th century, nihilistic themes--epistemological failure, value destruction, and cosmic purposelessness--have preoccupied artists, social critics, and philosophers. Mid-century, for example, the existentialists helped popularize tenets of nihilism in their attempts to blunt its destructive potential. By the end of the century, existential despair as a response to nihilism gave way to an attitude of indifference, often associated with antifoundationalism.

????, come on Dude, you are breaking our hearts, say it isn't so!!!!!!:eek:

Remember... this is the Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling section. Gotta admit... it's very fitting.

Yea, takes way too much thought to weed through that. After all, I am at work and I don't like to think too hard while I'm here!!

i thought existentialism was just a gloomy form of humanism?
thier not in despair, they just dont like to deal with choices of life (to be or not to be? )

and if nihlist dont believe in anything why would they believe in nihlism?

cgravier said:
A true nihilist would surely have a problem with the concept of 'belief' in the first place don't you think?....

Walker said:
wtf are we talking about here?

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 11:36 PM #12 Dude vbmenu_register("postmenu_53979", true);
Nihilist
mod.gif

[URL="https://www.homebrewtalk.com/image.php?u=636&dateline=1139483865"]https://www.homebrewtalk.com/image.php?u=636&dateline=1139483865[/URL]

Dude's Gallery

That's what I'm talking about.....we've lost him. Self-proclaimed Nihilist.

if a person ran by you on thier way home, and shortly after a murderer who was chasing him asked you if you knew where the person was, would you a) lie and say you didnt know b) tell him the truth, thus getting the guy murdered or c) offer him a homebrew and tell him to relax...

cgravier said:
if a person ran by you on thier way home, and shortly after a murderer who was chasing him asked you if you knew where the person was, would you a) lie and say you didnt know b) tell him the truth, thus getting the guy murdered or c) offer him a homebrew and tell him to relax...
How do you know know the first guy is on his way home? How do you know the second guy is a murderer? I'd follow TxBrew's example on an earlier post and say "Taxi!!!"

cgravier said:

Who says they believe in nihilism? Maybe that's just a "label" given to them by "the man" . . . not that they would believe in "the man".

AllHoppedUp said:
Who says they believe in nihilism? Maybe that's just a "label" given to them by "the man" . . . not that they would believe in "the man".

Yeah, nihilism is such a plastic bringdown man. What if 6 turned out to be 9? I don't mind.

Walker said:
I'd kill everybody and burn all the buildings to the ground.

-walker

but what if everybody did that? you wouldnt will that (killing and burning buildings) to be a universal principal would you? unless of course you are an egoist, and you want everyone except yourself to behave all nicey nice...

loopmd said:
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 11:36 PM #12 Dude vbmenu_register("postmenu_53979", true);
Nihilist
mod.gif

[URL="https://www.homebrewtalk.com/image.php?u=636&dateline=1139483865"]https://www.homebrewtalk.com/image.php?u=636&dateline=1139483865[/URL]

Dude's Gallery

That's what I'm talking about.....we've lost him. Self-proclaimed Nihilist.

Actually I kinda thought the Aviator picture would be just how Jesus would look like in sunglasses (No... I'm Jewish, but saw the movie "Passion" so I'm kinda blinded by the movie images :D )

Oh and Dude can't be a nihilist. Being an active member of this forum and having a passion to brew better beer and improve on his homebrews through insight and self critique proves this point :)

Hmm..... now that you mention it, I have noticed he has not been prensent in any conversation for a few days now... I just checked the galleries and he is not listed anymore.....

He's here somewhere.... from the user list:

Dude
Nihilist

Michael_Schaap said:
Hmm..... now that you mention it, I have noticed he has not been prensent in any conversation for a few days now... I just checked the galleries and he is not listed anymore.....

Walker! What did you do?!?

Walker said:
He's here somewhere.... from the user list:

Dude
Nihilist

Yeah, he's here... just searched replies. Started to get worried there for a second.

Walker said:
wtf are we talking about here?

We're talking about unchecked aggression here, talking about drawing a line in the sand.

I don't know what I'm more amazed at, the fact that we started an entire thread based on my profile, OR the fact that we are already on page 4. :rolleyes:

We all need some serious help. ;)

Walker said:
The Dude Has Spoken!

And about bloody time too... see what happens when you leave us for a few hours with something real strange in your profile:drunk:

Oh and if it makes you feel better it took us a real long time to figure out what the thread was about.

Latest posts

Back