American IPA Falconer's Flight IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elproducto

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Yeast Bay - Vermont Ale
Yeast Starter
1.5L
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 days at 68F
Tasting Notes
Big Citrus with Peach Fruity esters
First try using FF blend, and it's a winner. Vermont Ale yeast (Conan) adds so much character with it's fruity esters. Some have trouble with first generation and attenuation, but I didn't get that using a 1.5 L starter.

Assume 72% efficiency.

12.5 lbs Pearl Malt
9 oz. Carafoam
4 oz. Crystal 40
0.75 oz 14%AA Columbus FWH
1 oz. 11%AA Falconer's Flight 15 min.
1 oz. 11%AA Falconer's Flight 5 min.
1 oz. 11%AA Falconer's Flight Whirlpool 15 min.
2 oz. 11%AA Falconer's Flight Dry Hop 5 days
Yeast Bay Vermont Ale Yeast

Mash 152 for 60 minutes

HzAyvp5.jpg

This is quickly becoming my favorite hop. I love earthy / fruity hops but this has that stank citrus fruit love thing going on. My next pale ale is going to be all FF. +1 dude

Awesome!! I have used the FF like this in place of all the Citra in the Three Floyd's Zombie Dust clone on here and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.

Cool...... I just brewed an IPA the other day a lot like this. I had stepped up a starter from a couple cans of Heady Topper and was looking for a moderate alcohol beer with a simple recipe to see how the yeast came out. I chose a 1.055 IPA/APA, basica grain bill, bittered with nugget and all Falconers flight late, flameout/hopstand and will dry hop with Falconers Flight too.
Glad to hear you were happy with yours. Hopefully mine will turn out well too.

Back