Fan addition to keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yohoe

Reaction score
What are some ways to add a fan to a keezer for air circulation? I have a computer fan I can place in the keezer and have seen some using an extention cord to power the fan but I'm wondering what other possibilities ther are. I'm using a Johnson controller for temp control.

Thanks

I used a 120VAC fan that I used a couple "L" brackets to mount in the corner, ran the wires out and plugged into my controller (dual outlet under a Johnson controller). When the keezer comes on the fan comes on. works well and doesn't take up much space.

I use a 120V 80mm computer fan in my chest freezer ferm chamber to keep air moving. Works great for keeping air temps consistent throughout the enclosure. I just mounted the fun vertically on a little piece of wood and set it on the hump in the freezer. I run the cord from the outside and the freezer's lid gasket seals up over the cord. The fan only uses 5W, so whatever amount of heat it generates is negligible.

I have 3 12v DC computer fans in mine. I have 2 in the coffin box where the beer lines are, one pushing air up and the other back down into the keezer and another fan mounted in the keezer to keep air moving in there. They are all wired to an old cell phone charger plugged into my temp controller.

I bought 2 big computer fans, wired them to old cell phone chargers so I can just plug them in the power strip behind the keezer. I screwed the fans to small pieces of 2x4 so I can move them around as I wish. One is currently at the bottom in the corner, and I jammed the other 2x4 between 2 kegs about 1/2 way up. Seems to work fine.

My keezer is double-hinged, so I just lift the lid & collar, then run the cable under the collar and close the lid - this way I can move the fans around based on what I've got in the keezer at any given time.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398470635.431175.jpg

This is my setup. I went to the goodwill store and got a charger from a rc car. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It is a 120V 60Hz 6VA input with 5V DC 200mA output. I couldn't find a cell phone charger. How did you hooked the cables up?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

This is my setup. I went to the goodwill store and got a charger from a rc car. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It is a 120V 60Hz 6VA input with 5V DC 200mA output. I couldn't find a cell phone charger. How did you hooked the cables up?

So the fan is a DC fan also, right? Not an AC fan?

That sounds extremely underpowered for even a small fan. The one I'm using for my 80mm comp fan is 5v 1amp output.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for replying.

The fan is 12VDC @ .12 A.

As you can tell, I know nothing about electronics. From what everyone has replied with, it looks like 12DC 1 amp output is the key.

Thank you for the advice!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back