FastRack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael_mus

Reaction score
Edit: While writing this, the person I spoke with at thefastrack.ca contacted me via email offering to ship-out tomorrow. I accepted but I'm still posting because the ads here on HBT are what drove me to their site. I'm all for fixing ones mistakes, but I'm wary of their practices at this point. Thought it would be helpful to share my experience.

I am officially unhappy with Thefastrack.ca

I had some reservations about ordering through them, because their site design looks cheap and they're clearly a start-up. I messaged back and forth with their facebook page operator about purchase options, and they were responsive so I took the plunge yesterday morning - Purchasing 3 racks for $39.99 deal they offered me via email.

Just after ordering I messaged my "contact" via facebook again asking if they could confirm my order and process same day. Wishful thinking on my part, but for a small company this shouldn't be too uncommon.

Today, about 24 hours later (having not heard back from my facebook contact) I called them.

Turns out they only process orders on Tuesdays? And there is a built in 3 day waiting period, to enable their "refer a friend and earn free racks" promo email that triggers upon purchase?

So I ordered Monday, but because three days hasn't elapsed they won't ship until next Tuesday. They ship from a warehouse in Detroit and I'm in Los Angeles, that means I'll wait an addition 4 days and take delivery end of week or that Monday following.

Kept it respectful, let them know that's a ridiculous delay and asked to cancel my order. They were nice about it, accepted my cancellation and promised to handle and confirm by email.

Just left asking: All this for a set of bottle drying racks?

You know...come to think of it, I ordered mine on Feb 6 and received an order confirmation but no shipping confirmation yet. I guess if they process on Tuesdays, I should hear something about it today.

You know...come to think of it, I ordered mine on Feb 6 and received an order confirmation but no shipping confirmation yet. I guess if they process on Tuesdays, I should hear something about it today.

Nice, looking forward to hearing what you think of them. It's a great product idea and (setting aside my experience so far) I'm still really excited to try them out.

Almost forgot to update on this! I sent them an e-mail the day after (on 2/13) and received a prompt response (within a few minutes) letting me know that it was going to arrive on Friday (2/15). They also gave me the tracking number for it.

I received it on time. It's a pretty simple but effective product if you're a bottle collector!

sidepart said:
Almost forgot to update on this! I sent them an e-mail the day after (on 2/13) and received a prompt response (within a few minutes) letting me know that it was going to arrive on Friday (2/15). They also gave me the tracking number for it.

I received it on time. It's a pretty simple but effective product if you're a bottle collector!

Ha, pretty much came here to say the same. Ended up taking delivery yesterday, a bit later than I had intended (8 days in transit, including one holiday) but as you pointed out: they are simple and seem effective. Going to put mine to the test this weekend, bottling what's in primary.

I can't say that I had a favorable experience with FastRack. It wasn't terrible but it was far from great. Here's what happened:

After searching out alternatives to the bottle trees, I came across FastRacks and thought they were awesome. I placed an order for two racks and the drying tray that came with them. I used the discount coupon—the vary same coupon shown on this sight—and place my order. I received no emails or anything after placing the order. When I was finally billed, I was not given the discount as promised, nor was I given any sort of tracking number or delivery date. I wrote the guys at FastRack an email and asked what was up. The response was that they were having issues with their card processor and discounts weren't being given. He asked if I wanted the 10% refunded and I said forget about it in my response email. I never heard from them again.

A few weeks later my racks finally arrived. I'm guessing, they had to wait for a manufacturing run before they could ship but I was never really told when or why. So I was left blindly waiting for them to arrive in the mail.

The racked showed up loosely packaged in a box but in good condition. The racks themselves are pretty sweet. They are extremely durable, stack well and generally look cool. The cheap labels they applied looked like they came off an inkjet printer and started peeling the first time I used the racks. The drying tray arrived with a warped bottom. I've used it once only to set it aside because the mouths of the bottles were creating a seal with the tray. Now I just use the racks on my counter and they work well. I just need to keep a towel around.

To sum it up, the racks are pretty sweet. The service and the water collection tray are not. If you want to order and use that discount, check with them first and be ready to wait a few weeks for delivery.

Guess I am not the only person who had a poor experience. Just over one month from ordering and not receiving the racks I emailed them. Got a response about some weird issues that didn't make sense and seemed to be a line to me. I asked to have my order cancelled and my money refunded and I would just buy a tree (I needed to bottle). I didn't hear anything from them so for two days so I contacted paypal and disputed the charge barely within the 45 day policy. Days later suddenly had an email saying sorry but we just shipped your items. I emailed them stating that I did not want the order anymore as it took too long and I would refuse the order to get my money back as I was about to purchase a tree from our local HBS. Their response although not quite appropriate in terms of how they explained things (almost pointing blame at me) was that they would refund my money and I could keep the racks. I should see a refund in a few days.

A nice gesture regardless of the verbiage of their response so I was borderline happy. I delayed my bottling day and awaited for the product. Product arrived - all is good (although I will explain/review in a bit). Nearly three weeks pass without a refund and I emailed them again asking when I should receive my refund as promised. I was informated that since I disputed the charge with Paypal the money that I sent them was "frozen" by Paypal for 2 weeks and they could not give me my money back until Paypal unfroze the money. This didn't sit well with me and indicated possible money/cash flow issues with the business. They couldn't give me my $30 back they promised? Really?

Now the product - it works well. But to be totally honest I should have bought a tree in the first place. Hold more bottles, easier to use, only one piece to deal with to name a few reasons. Since my 12 ounce bottle come from many different sources and are different sizes the racks will not stack securely. I can totally understand the ease of use for a bar owner for re-boxing empties for recycling (judging by the video's this what it was was first made for) however for the home brew market it just isn't what I was hoping. Get a tree - you will be happier in the long run. I wish I did.

Hi Everyone - Thanks for the feedback. It is certainly a kick in the ass to get our act together. We have been trying our outmost best to deliver a good product in a timely manner with good customer services. We apologize if sometimes we do not live up to everyones expectations. With really only two of us at the wheel sometimes short cuts are taken and mistakes made as we juggle way too many things at once. As things progress, it is our top priority to improve. The more feedback everyone gives the better so please keep it coming.

Couple things to keep in mind and we will update the website with this.

1. Orders ship on Tuesdays and Fridays. - Orders received before Monday morning ship on Tuesday and orders received before Thursday morning ship on Friday. Typically they have been averaging 3-5 business days to arrive once they ship.

2. We have a new custom tray.. One of the reviews was regarding the original tray. Please see website for pictures of updated Tray. We are custom producing it in Detroit with FastRack. It is of similar quality and durability the FastRack is. There are also risers in the Tray to keep the bottle mouths out of the fluid in the drip tray. Something specifically designed for homebrewers.

3. We bought a pad press machine. When we first started yes the FastRacks had stickers/decals. They weren't ideal by any means but we certainly didn't have $7,000 to buy a pad press. Instead of paying ourselves, we bought one about 2 months ago. The racks are now permanently stamped with FastRack logo. The look and cleanliness is way better.

4. Stacking.. The last posted talked about not being able to stack with different bottles. - All someone has to do is make sure the 4 bottles in each of the corners is the same bottle or at least the same height. Bottles are of different shapes and sizes but as long at the corner ones on consistent it will work fine.

Again thanks for the feedback - we will do our best to deliver much better customer service and really appreciate the support you have given us. Looking forward to more comments and suggestions.

Cheers!

Casey / Mitchell

Latest posts

Back