Favorite food/beer combo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timrox1212

Reaction score
Here's a topic I haven't seen on here.

What's your favorite food/beer combo?

Mines got to be a big plate of hot wings and a creamy stout, preferably my own.

I have been reading Garrett Oliver's "The Brewmaster's Table," which has inspired me to try a few combinations. Fried calamari with a squeeze of lemon and a Saison is heaven.

I also accidentally discovered that chicken liver pate and Belgian pale ale make a wonderful combination.

But if I had to pick a last meal pairing, it would have to be oysters on the half shell and stout.

Gotta go traditional here, brats with kraut and Bavarian Hef with lemon wedge. Can't mess with perfection!

Breakfast stout with bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast.

Roasted Red Pepper Dog
With a dry English Cider or a Stella.....

Cook up Nathan's Dogs (I only eat Nathan's because they have no fillers or byproducts)

Take a gourmet wheat roll and lay down some good white cheese (I use mozzarella or provolone) - toast that so the roll gets crispy and the cheese melts.
Then a bit of grey poupon and I tad of mayo (if you like), THEN those roasted red peppers that come in the jars in marinated oil.

THE ROASTED RED PEPPER DOG ROCKS!!!
Trust me... You guys gotta try it!

Back