Fellowship of the Drink XXI: The Thread that is Old Enough to Drink Itself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure about this? Just saying. I know what I’m offering. [emoji12][emoji16]

Yeah it stinks but between last month’s trade with @TheDudeLebowski, shipping twice thanks to Doug and this month’s trade with @CTownBrewer plus a friend locally, I over spent my beer budget. I’m not sad or disappointed b/c it’s worth it! The guys here on HBT hooked me up really good (and my local friend too) and I do the same in return. So I crushed the budget into pieces.
Therefore I just need to take a break after this for a little bit. Although you have sent me some amazing beers too which makes these FotD trades so hard to resist.

Yeah it stinks but between last month’s trade with @TheDudeLebowski, shipping twice thanks to Doug and this month’s trade with @CTownBrewer plus a friend locally, I over spent my beer budget. I’m not sad or disappointed b/c it’s worth it! The guys here on HBT hooked me up really good (and my local friend too) and I do the same in return. So I crushed the budget into pieces.
Therefore I just need to take a break after this for a little bit. Although you have sent me some amazing beers too which makes these FotD trades so hard to resist.

I have a solution. Don't budget the beer. Budget everything else to afford the beer. You're welcome.

Well, same story as before... if you guys are willing to have me I would be honored to join. I dont meet all of the requirements but I've traded now under my own name here and I think @orionol73 and hopefully now @TwistedGray are happy with me. Game on!

Either of those two is reputable enough for me. Welcome.

Last edited:
Well, same story as before... if you guys are willing to have me I would be honored to join. I dont meet all of the requirements but I've traded now under my own name here and I think @orionol73 and hopefully now @TwistedGray are happy with me. Game on!

Dude is pretty horrid!! In fact, we should suggest he sends me a solid six or so beers just to let him in. What do you say guys!!!!????

Wow, crazy day today. No NBA, MLB, MLS, even Disneyland is on lockdown. March Madness for sure, ok, first person to post the following gets the freebie. During the last NBA stoppage, who won the championship that year, and who was the finals MVP, cheers!

One guess per person

Last edited:
Wow, crazy day today. No NBA, MLB, MLS, even Disneyland is on lockdown. March Madness for sure, ok, first person to post the following gets the freebie. During the last NBA stoppage, who won the championship that year, and who was the finals MVP, cheers!
My Dallas Mavericks and my man Dirk Nowitzki

ghostbusterswarnedusagainstthis-cats-and-dogs-living-together-mass-hysteria-18768861.jpeg

I haven’t really been following this round, since I didn’t think I’d be able to participate. Now due to coronavirus & my company temporarily banning business travel today, I won’t be traveling pick week, so I’ll get in.

@Scturo I believe the last lockout season was 2011-12 & the Miami Heat won the chip with LBJ as MVP.

I haven’t really been following this round, since I didn’t think I’d be able to participate. Now due to coronavirus & my company temporarily banning business travel today, I won’t be traveling pick week, so I’ll get in.

@Scturo I believe the last lockout season was 2011-12 & the Miami Heat won the chip with LBJ as MVP.

Cool, welcome! And you got it, good job! Send me your info and style preferences. Cheers!

Legit question. Should we be shipping right now? I will be the first to say I have read enough to be dangerous, but can this flocker live in cardboard for a couple days?

I’m not worried, but I have no problem delaying if it’s the right thing to do, or if someone feels strong enough about it.

Either way, I am ready. So if @JamesonFan decides to continue this round as scheduled, I can submit my offer.

Last edited:
Legit question. Should we be shipping right now? I will be the first to say I have read enough to be dangerous, but can this flocker live in cardboard for a couple days?

I'm an accountant, not a biologist, but it should be relatively safe from what I'm reading. From a preprint on medrxiv:

We found that viable virus could be detected in aerosols up to 3 hours post aerosolization, up to 4 hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless steel. HCoV-19 and SARS-CoV-1 exhibited similar half-lives in aerosols, with median estimates around 2.7 hours. Both viruses show relatively long viability on stainless steel and polypropylene compared to copper or cardboard: the median half-life estimate for HCoV-19 is around 13 hours on steel and around 16 hours on polypropylene​

Wash your hands, avoid touching your face, and - if you're really worried about getting the virus from a shipment - pick someone further away from you than you normally would, so the metal beer cans (and plastic 4 pack holders in my case!) are more than 48 hours away from human contact by the time that you open the box. ;)

I just stocked up on some beer at a local brewery and made sure to wash the cans with soap and water before putting them in my fridge. I plan to do the same with the beers I receive in the mail from the trade.

The longest it’s lived in testing has been on plastics & metal for up to 3 days. However, those cases are few & far between. Most common average life span is in the 8-15 hour range depending on surface.

I’d think odds of it surviving are pretty low or the post office would have been shut down by now.

I'm good to keep it going as scheduled if everyone else is. Pretty much all of my local breweries are still operating, albeit in a carry-out only capacity. So I still have access to beer to send for my offer. But if anybody is having troubles getting anything due to closures, let me know and we can adjust the schedule as needed.

But I'm taking the stance that by doing this, we are helping our respective local breweries when they need it the most.

I'm good to keep it going as scheduled if everyone else is. Pretty much all of my local breweries are still operating, albeit in a carry-out only capacity. So I still have access to beer to send for my offer. But if anybody is having troubles getting anything due to closures, let me know and we can adjust the schedule as needed.

But I'm taking the stance that by doing this, we are helping our respective local breweries when they need it the most.
Yep.... pretty much the scene around Austin. 4pm picture yesterday. Curbside allowed but we had to stay 10ft from each other. You get good a throwing you debit card after a while. [emoji6]

IMG_20200318_160755.jpeg

Back