Fermentation/beer fridge help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sauerj67

Reaction score
Good evening fellow brewers. This discussion has been kind of thrown around but I haven't really seen the answers that I was looking for, or advice I was looking for.
SWMBO does not want me to get another fridge to but into the garage to use solely for a fermentation chamber, when I already have a beer fridge, house fridge and we have a big chest freezer. So I want to use my beer fridge for my fermentation chamber, but I also want to loose my beer fridge. So how do I do this? I can move everything out of the little freezer compartment, that is not an issue. I have a dual stage temp controller and I am going to get a Ferm Wrap. I guess what I am looking for from you guys and girls is how would I make this work? The garage is insulated and has a heating duct running to it so the coldest it gets on a single digit night is 48 degrees F. Will a Ferm Wrap keep an Ale warm enough just out in the open with a blanket around it?
Sorry for the long winded post, I am just racking my brain trying to figure this out.
Have a good night
Jason

Its easier to ask for for forgiveness.... Build your ferm cabinet, disguise it as a really nice "buffett table". Go all out, chest freezer, wood venered, crown moulding, the works.

Back