Fermentation Temperature Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
Once the bubbles slow and/or stop in the airlock does the temperature of the wort cool back to room temperature as well?

It is my understanding that fermenting beer is 5 or so degrees higher than the room temperature. My first batch sat in a 68 degree closet and may or may not have stayed within the temp range.

My new batch I placed in a tub with tap water which has worked perfect and kept the wort at 65. I would like to take the primary out of the water and stick it it in my 67 degree closet but don't want to do so if there is a chance the fermentation still has the temps high.

Thanks

For me, I always see the fermenter a few degrees higher than the room temp during the heavy fermentaiton, but the temp falls back down when the kraeusen does.

You are only going to get higher temps when you are at the height of fermentation. If this second batch has been doing for a week or so and you didn't start out an a really high OG then you are fine moving it to a 67 degree room.

Latest posts

Back