First 10 gallon recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffMongoloid

Reaction score
Im gonna attempt my first 10 gallon batch on sat. Please critique my recipe

22lb - Marris otter
12.0 oz Carpils
1lb victory malt
1 lb cara munich
1lb white wheat malt
1lb corn sugar

2.5 oz magnum- 60 mins
2 oz centennial - 30 mins
.5 magnum- 15 mins
2 oz cascade - whirl pool

5 gallons will get US-05 and 5 gallons will get conan yeast
both will be dry hopped with 1oz amarillo and 1 oz simcoe

Thanks in advance

Nice balance of malty and bitter. Nice use of English and American ingredients.

I mentally rewrote the entire grain bill and hop schedule in my head but it wouldn't be the beer you intended to make.

I say just do it. It's a great starting place and you can tweak a recipe like this over many brews.

You might find it too bitter or too malty for your tastes or it may be spot on, it's a personal thing.

I agree with the sugar addition and a low mash temp will help to dry it out.

Let us know how it comes out!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nice balance of malty and bitter. Nice use of English and American ingredients.

I mentally rewrote the entire grain bill and hop schedule in my head but it wouldn't be the beer you intended to make.

I say just do it. It's a great starting place and you can tweak a recipe like this over many brews.

You might find it too bitter or too malty for your tastes or it may be spot on, it's a personal thing.

I agree with the sugar addition and a low mash temp will help to dry it out.

Let us know how it comes out!

Thank you

i am planning on a Mash temp of 147 for 75 to 90 mins

You could delete the .5 magnum and move the centennial to 15 minutes.

Did you calculate the IBUs?

Looks very nice. I might ditch the cara munich and go with a pound of regular munich (since you already have 12 oz. of carapils), but I like a REALLY dry IPA/IIPA, so I'd say you're fine doing what your doing.

Like I said in another post, I've never used that much cara, but I'd love to hear your results!

Looks very nice. I might ditch the cara munich and go with a pound of regular munich (since you already have 12 oz. of carapils), but I like a REALLY dry IPA/IIPA, so I'd say you're fine doing what your doing.

Like I said in another post, I've never used that much cara, but I'd love to hear your results!

its all crushed up and ready to go... ill def report back... im the same i love a dry IPA

Back