First AG Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesKY

Reaction score
Well I'm almost ready to do my first AG batch. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good recipe to start with? Maybe something more forgiving or with less steps?

JamesKY said:
LOL that was fast. Is it like a right of passage for new AG brewers to make this recipe first?

Pretty much. I'm planning to re-attempt it this weekend. The good thing about the recipe is its simplicity. That's what makes it popular for new AG brewers...

Well, I finally did it yesterday. My buddy and I completed our first all grain brew day and I have to say that it feels wonderful. Sitting outside listening to music and watching the turkey fryer do it's business, something just felt right about it all and I'm happy to say that we didn't run into any major issues.

Of course we made Edwort's Haus Pale Ale and while our efficiency was a little low, (somewhere around 55%) hopefully it will still turn out ok and we can improve it over time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that it feels good to join the AG club and thanks to everyone for all the advice that I got on these boards.

Back