First American light beer ....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willee

Reaction score
I wanted a nice clear light colored beer similar to Budwiser but with just a bit more bitter flavor and body.
Just sampled it today after bottling two weeks ago.
Wow ... don't mean to brag but this beer is exactly what I wanted.
Light, Crystal Clear, just a bit more bitter, But ... just a bit under-carbonated for the style.
I added Priming sugar to each bottle (bad idea).
Am brewing another batch today ... same recipe but will Keg this one.
This is definitely private stock and will only be shared with my very special friends.

6 gal batch
Pilsen Malt ..... 6.37 lbs
American Vienna ..... 2 lbs
Flaked Corn ..... 1.5 lbs

Saaz ... 1 oz 60 min bitter in hop sock
Saaz ... 1/2 oz 10 min Aroma in hop sock

90 min boil
WPL 940 yeast

Based on what you wanted I would have suggested a Cream Ale. Looks like mash up of German, American, and Mexican style lagers. Simple recipe that should be easy to pick out problem if a batch doesn't turn out. Sounds like a good first all grain lager.

Based on what you wanted I would have suggested a Cream Ale. Looks like mash up of German, American, and Mexican style lagers. Simple recipe that should be easy to pick out problem if a batch doesn't turn out. Sounds like a good first all grain lager.

Yes it was kinda a Frankenstein beer but I am so pleased with the result.
The batch I am brewing today will include a bit of coriander for a slight citrus note and will be kegged so I can get the carbonation right.
If that will take it toward a Corona style the more the better.

From what I read here on the forum my taste in beer is a bit different from the majority of home brewers and craft beers with their high hops and bitterness. But ... that is why I am home brewing ... to eventually develop a beer that suits my tastes exactly.
Once there I will start exploring other styles and tastes.

I feel a bit like a mad scientist turned lose in a laboratory.

Yes it was kinda a Frankenstein beer but I am so pleased with the result.
The batch I am brewing today will include a bit of coriander for a slight citrus note and will be kegged so I can get the carbonation right.
If that will take it toward a Corona style the more the better.

From what I read here on the forum my taste in beer is a bit different from the majority of home brewers and craft beers with their high hops and bitterness. But ... that is why I am home brewing ... to eventually develop a beer that suits my tastes exactly.
Once there I will start exploring other styles and tastes.

I feel a bit like a mad scientist turned lose in a laboratory.

This is the exact same reason why I'm decided to learn to homebrew! I've never brewed before so, I will try using your recipe to learn how to brew myself! I hope you don't mind... I'm assuming you used a lagger type of process, I am right?

This is the exact same reason why I'm decided to learn to homebrew! I've never brewed before so, I will try using your recipe to learn how to brew myself! I hope you don't mind... I'm assuming you used a lagger type of process, I am right?

Actually no ... under 70 deg fermentation.
But laggering will only improve the flavor.
So ... if this is your first all grain brew I think you will be impressed.
Dont rush things ... take your time ... it will be OK.:ban:

Actually no ... under 70 deg fermentation.
But laggering will only improve the flavor.
So ... if this is your first all grain brew I think you will be impressed.
Dont rush things ... take your time ... it will be OK.:ban:

I finally did my first brew ever and came up pretty good! I brewed a Kolsch, but will definitely look into brewing your recipe.. What was your OG and FG?

Back