First attempt at peach wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFRich12

Reaction score
So this summer i went to the produce auction and bought 12 8 quart boxes of peaches. What i didn't realize was 8 quarts was almost 10 pounds of peaches. anyhow, i started the batch 8/20 and it never really bubbled like it should. i left it sit a few weeks and checked it it smelled like vomit, sorry but its the truth. So I got busy and just checked it now...it is a rather harsh wine! don't know what happened. any suggestions?

So this summer i went to the produce auction and bought 12 8 quart boxes of peaches. What i didn't realize was 8 quarts was almost 10 pounds of peaches. anyhow, i started the batch 8/20 and it never really bubbled like it should. i left it sit a few weeks and checked it it smelled like vomit, sorry but its the truth. So I got busy and just checked it now...it is a rather harsh wine! don't know what happened. any suggestions?

It won't hurt to let it sit a bit. After all, if it went from "vomit" to "harsh", I think that's a great improvement. Maybe in a year or two it will be great. Keep it topped up, airlocked, and out of the light. Rack it if there are thick lees on the bottom, but otherwise just keep the airlock filled and check it again in 6 months.

Bored one time and had tons of fruit cups I got for free, I decided I would try fermenting them. I just though hell don't have anything to lose. Anyways, They totally came out a similar vomit smell. I chucked it. :/

it is much better having aged a little in a carboy, waiting for it to clear completely from being moved. tried some today just because and it was a pleasant surprise. there is a nice peach flavor in the wine!

I tried a peach wine this past November from fruit purée. I was pretty surprised it came out pretty well. I had been making fruit wines from fresh fruit. It was the first time I tried the purée. I really couldn't tell the difference. They all usually come out pretty well with enough time.

Back