First Batch COMPLETE.. Next the world..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumptrucksally

Reaction score
Finally bottled my First batch (Pale Ale).. Hit a Gravity of 1.020... Now onto two batches at once!

How long until i can sample the fruits?

You can sample anytime, but don't post a "this beer taste like s@*t, is it infected?" or "My beer isn't carbed" thread until AFTER it has been in the bottle for a minimum of 3 weeks at 70 degrees, and chilled for 1 week.....Any earlier it will taste funny and be under/overcarbed...Some beers take longer than 3 weeks to condition, it depends on style...but 3 weeks is the "rule of thumb" for most beers....And the longer you wait the better the beer will taste.

Read this thread... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=54362 and you'll understand why!

So get brewing another batch!:mug:

1.020 seems a little high for a pale ale to me, but without details can't say for sure...

I do know for sure that PATIENCE is the most important thing I've learned in brewing. I used to fly through the 1-2-3 method when I first started and start sampling the 'finished' product after a few days in the bottle to see if it was carbing, etc. Finally, I realized, when finishing the last of those 2 cases maybe 3 months later, that the beer was WAY better... Now I don't rush it at all... if it takes 3-4 weeks in primary, 2 weeks in secondary, and 3 weeks in keg before I sample, so be it...

If you make decent beer, patience will only make it better (in 90% of cases)...

Latest posts

Back