First Keg Set up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson_d

Reaction score
Well yes..

My first ever homebrew batch was somewhere around march of this year.

went AG about 5 weeks later.

now less than 6 months and I have on delivery 4 kegs with manifold and all the tubing being sent to me from midwest.

was looking at the current better bottles and not excited about bottling another 15 gal so hooked up the kegs today.... zigga..

Nicely done!! Kegging is mighty nice. If you ever get bored and have some money to spend, you might want to invest in a bottle filler... for those special occasions.

welcome to the world of kegging. My setup is from Midwest also. My regret was not getting a 3port manifold when i bought everything, but it was easy to add.

It took me 4 weeks to outgrow my fridge, and move to a keezer...

Thank you gentlemen, I'm excited about it.

Should show up tomorrow or wednesday.... already pricing out keezers, i can fit two in the extra fridge but I have 3 better bottles wainting to be kegged...

Should show up tomorrow or wednesday.... already pricing out keezers, i can fit two in the extra fridge but I have 3 better bottles wainting to be kegged...

I have the Magic Chef 7.2CF Chest Freezer It is one of the smallest least expensive chest freezers that will hold 4 kegs with no modifications. I keep my 5# tank and about a dozen chilled glasses on the hump.

If you want to add 50% more capacity, you can add a 6inch colar, and move your tank outside of the freezer, and will be able to fit 6 kegs. The colar also gives you the option of adding faucets. I may concider it some day, but am satisfied with 4kegs and cobra taps for now.

I have the Magic Chef 7.2CF Chest Freezer It is one of the smallest least expensive chest freezers that will hold 4 kegs with no modifications. I keep my 5# tank and about a dozen chilled glasses on the hump.

awesome. that is the exact keezer i was looking at per EdWort's post about sizing chest freezers. probably gonna deal with just 2 kegs in the extra fridge in the garage this month, then get the keezer the follwing month. i do want the ability to have 6 on tap and will certainly be building a collar and getting perlicks... just one step at a time for now though... be patient young padawan..

Back