First kegging experience with new keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yohoe

Reaction score
I finished my keezer today after spending 3 weeks working on it and had a keg ready to go to put in it. I forced carbonated a few days earlier and was eager to get started.

I put my keg into the keezer and everything ran great except the carbonation was low. I figured it would increase in a couple days after being on a constant pressure but had a couple glasses to try it out. The faucets worked great, the temperature was perfect...all in all everything was going smoothly.

Before I went to bed, I decided to check on it and when I opened the keezer...BAM! All 4.75 gals left were on the floor on the keezer. I saw bubbling from the MFL fitting on the beer side and realized I didn't tighten the attachment further than hand tighten.

I have a nice cleanup tomorrow and I'm out of beer for the next week while my batch is done fermenting.

Anyone else have this happen with MFL fittings?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back