Friday Afternoons Suck!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freyguy

Reaction score
It always makes sense to me and a buddy that when we go to lunch on Friday's, it's a perfect day to have a few beers at lunch. And it's all too convienent that the local restaurant with the best brew selection has 1/2 price lunch. They sucker us in with their low prices, just to get us to spend more on brew. Bastards! :cross:

So I sit in my cubicle after having no breakfast, a salad for lunch, and a "few" decent beers to go along with it.

2 90min IPA's from Dogfish on tap
1 Rouge Chocolate Stout for Dessert

Now I sit here waiting for a decent time to run away from work and go drink some homebrew. Damn those half price lunches!! ;)

[/almostdrunkenrambling]

decent? Those are great beers to find at a weekday lunch joint.

If I had no breakfast, some leaves for lunch, and then had 3 pints, I'd be past "almost drunken rambling". In fact I think I'd be h fwqiuwf2iprpf (falling asleep at my desk and my forehead hits the keyboard)

Ha, ok, maybe I am well on my way towards "Drunken"!

HomeGrown Cafe on mainstreet in Newark. Great place. They even have a good bit of Belgium bottles. Most people are scared of it since it looks like a Hippie hideout. They just don't realize hippies like good beer too! :mug:

3 pints for lunch with no breakfast and rabbit food = shifassed (that's French for siht faced).

I'd be squirming to get out of here.

And I'm in an area they think Carona is good - glad I just work around here.

Hang on a little longer - it's almost over.

Fridays do suck. My dad felt the need to email me saying how good Watch City was today and my DH had to CALL me to tell me how good Owen's was. All while i'm at work...
They're both on the list.

edit: Watch City and Owen Oleary's are both local brew pubs.

Back