from Chicago with love

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_K

Reaction score
After enjoying several different homebrews from a good friend (who's a member of homebrewtalk.com) and helping with his brewing, I've taken the plunge and bought a midwestsupplies.com Beginner kit.

I have already learned quite a bit from lurking around here, thought it was time to introduce myself.

Forgive me for the inevitable questions that will follow!

Chris

Welcome to our obsession! What part of Chicagoland? Seems our local numbers are growing.......you'll find great advice and a ton of useful information hereabouts!

Skol!

I'm near Wicker Park/ Bucktown inside of Chicago.

Not sure what the feel is for the LHBS's around here. I visited Brew and Grow (near ashland and armitage) and was pretty dissapointed. At least they have bottles for what seems like reasonable prices.

Cheeseheads UNITE!!!!

First Bears logo I see north of Kenosha . . . I attack . . . .

just kidding, welcome to the boards :ban:

not really kidding but welcome anyway :D

rdwj said:
...or as we call them wanna-be Chicagoians

Was thats Plainfield I saw in your location? . . . .

Ever notice how ya see more IL plates north of the border then you see WI plates south of it?:D
And the further north ya go the higher the concentration, yet the further south ya go in IL the less WI plates ya see . . .:ban:

If Chicago is so great why do ya'll migrate up here every weekend?:fro:

Pumbaa said:
If Chicago is so great why do ya'll migrate up here every weekend?

Because WI is a nice place to visit but ya wouldn't want to live there. :D

Just kidding.....

Its not that nice to visit either. :D

The flat landers just can't take the traffic down there and decided make our lives a living hell on the roads.

Since you can't drive a real car on their crappy roads.

sause said:
The flat landers just can't take the traffic down there and decided make our lives a living hell on the roads.

Since you can't drive a real car on their crappy roads.

That's why you sell your car when you get here and ride CTA and a bicycle everywhere. Chicago drivers are crazy.

I can't claim Chicago solidarity, I'm new to the area within the past 2 months. If I have to join sides I'm going with my Michigan bretheren.

Born in St. Louis, I lived in Bolingbrook for 8 years one lifetime. It was enuf. I'm as far north as I ever want to live again tyvm.

I'd really prefer AZ, or better yet the Caribbean, I just haven't convinced SWMBO yet. (But I'm tryin' boss, I'm tryin'...) :drunk:

Welcome tho man, welcome! These guys really know their stuff.

Ize

Back