Ginger Hot Sauce

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickass

Reaction score
I’ve recently gotten pretty involved with fermenting hot sauce and am looking for a suggestion to incorporate ginger. My wife loves ginger and I’d like to match it with some chilies and/or other items to ferment. Thoughts.

I ferment ginger often in kimchee and pickles, etc. I love it. I love ginger, so I go pretty heavy with it.

I usually shred it as finely as I can with just a knife, but that's because I don't use a blender to make a sauce with it. I think it'd be great with some fruity hot peppers especially.

Thanks Yooper. Maybe I’ll add it to some habaneros or fruity super hot chilies.

I second the habanero/[fruit]/ginger combination. The ginger adds depth and spice to the habanero which has a clean, crisp heat. The fruit rounds it out and adds flavor and sweetness. I've done it with oranges, mangos, and pineapples (in different batches). These types of color coordinated fruits also make for a beautifully colored sauce!

Ginger works well with garlicky sauces or sauces with Asian peppers. It can work with fruity peppers if used in moderation.

Latest posts

Back