Going to AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40oz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm swithcing over to AG beer after tasting a few made by friends and found the taste I've been looking for. I've been doing the usual stove top process and now understanding the AG is a completely different setup and process.

I read that I will need at least a 9-10gal kettle for boilover (to be on the safeside) with a 60,000 btu propane burner at least.

Where is a good place to get the other equipment needed.

Boil Kettle, hot liquor tank, mash tun

I'd like to get some descent equipment nothing to cheap as I understand you get what you pay for but not entirely overkill.

Anygood advice would be greatly appreciated
fnd%20(9).gif

I think you could use a 7.5 gallon and be fine. I saw a turkey fryer at Target yesterday with a 7.5 gallon pot for 35 dollars. Might want to take advantage of that deal!

40oz said:
I'm swithcing over to AG beer after tasting a few made by friends and found the taste I've been looking for. I've been doing the usual stove top process and now understanding the AG is a completely different setup and process.

I read that I will need at least a 9-10gal kettle for boilover (to be on the safeside) with a 60,000 btu propane burner at least.

Where is a good place to get the other equipment needed.

Boil Kettle, hot liquor tank, mash tun

I'd like to get some descent equipment nothing to cheap as I understand you get what you pay for but not entirely overkill.

Anygood advice would be greatly appreciated
fnd%20(9).gif

You can convert a cooler as a MT for about $15 and use your old pot for a HLT.

Back