Good beer for a baby?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Jewbeard

Reaction score
Ha! Not like that (though I guess we could talk about what beer you'd want to be your kid's first...)

Turns out that if all goes well, the ol' Cap'n and his Mate are expecting a little powder monkey (in August, so we've got time to plan and can do a long secondary), and I'm trying to figure out a suitable beer to brew for the occasion. I'm assuming I wouldn't be the first to do this, so who else has made a beer to commemorate a child, and what was it?

(Also, nice to see everyone again!)

Congrats, my wife and I are going to start trying here pretty soon. Trying to do as much planning as we can.

Just my two cents....and I've had a few too many this evening.
If it's going to be a girl I would brew a nice Amber and name her the same.

If it's going to be a boy brew your favorite Ale and name him Al.

FYI...I've always wanted to have a cat name hops and a dog named barley.

What does your wife like to drink? After all the hard work she is going to do, it would be best to have her favorite on hand.

you can do a strong hoppy barleywine and put it away in bottles till he/she's of age to share. otherwise, do an iipa so you can be passed out and sleep through the baby crying so the mother has to get up :D ... oops.. have to post and move to another thread... wife is coming

What does your wife like to drink? After all the hard work she is going to do, it would be best to have her favorite on hand.

Baaahaha... I'll have to make her a cider. She doesn't do beer. The best I can get is for her to sniff it and say "Yep, it's beer." But good point on that, once she's alcohol-enabled again I'm sure she'd welcome a cider made just for her!

Congrats, my wife and I are going to start trying here pretty soon. Trying to do as much planning as we can.

Just my two cents....and I've had a few too many this evening.
If it's going to be a girl I would brew a nice Amber and name her the same.

If it's going to be a boy brew your favorite Ale and name him Al.

FYI...I've always wanted to have a cat name hops and a dog named barley.

Doing that would defeat your primary function as a father. Keepign her off the pole.

Baaahaha... I'll have to make her a cider. She doesn't do beer. The best I can get is for her to sniff it and say "Yep, it's beer." But good point on that, once she's alcohol-enabled again I'm sure she'd welcome a cider made just for her!

Lol, sounds like my gf. There's always a carboy of cider going. As she puts it, tastiest rocket fuel on earth. On topic, I'd do two brews. A big barley wine or such to age till she's legal. Second wwould be something dark (insert your choice here) to go with a cigar. Just my two cents.

Back