Greetings from Sweden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinoBob

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I started about a year ago by brewing two kits from Brooklyn Brew Shop. Just modified them slightly (basically just upped the hop bill massively). Then went on to designing my own recipe by reading up on some of my favorite beers, but still kept it to the small 1 gallon batch.

I've now decided the 8-10 bottle return on all the work was too small, so I'm now for the first time brewing a 10 liter batch. I found this forum through googling the thousands of questions I faced as I pondered scaling recipes, and most of the relevant answers were here, so it only made sense to sign up. Once I start reading up on something, I tend to get pretty manic about it, and the amount of knowledge on HBT is just amazing.

Looking forward to brewing lots of beers, and I'm sure this place is where I'll find most of the answers I'll be needing.

Cheers!

Welcome from the Finger Lakes Region of Western New York State. You will find most here to be wonderful people.

Pasadena California says "Hey"

I went from 2-3 Mr. Beer batches, to 1 extract batch, to BIAB all-grain within the matter of a few months...
The main complicating factors between small batch (1-3 gal) and larger (5-10 gallon) are kettle and/or mash tun
size, length of time to reach temperature (both mash & boil), amount of bottling needed, and storage for
larger equipment and # of bottles... boil length, fermentation times, etc., are roughly the same, so you might
as well get more for your efforts! Plus buying ingredients in larger quantities is often less expensive!

Tons of accumulated knowledge here, plenty of friendly helpful people, and a pretty good recipe database.

You made a good choice :yes::rock::)

Back