Greetings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ill_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm currently on the US Army's Tour the Desert plan, but I should be getting home in a month or so, and I've come to the conclusion that I need a whole lot of beer. An old neighbor of mine used to brew his own, and it was terriffic. I think I'm gonna try a batch when I get back, so any help would be great. Any suggestions as to a good first brew? I'm thinking like a hefewiessen, but I'm always open to ideas (especially if that's really complicated for my level of experience). Any way, hoist a few for me 'til I can do it for myself, and thanks for the help.

welcome.
lots of great brewers here(excluding myself-still learning)
tell them what you like and your experience/equipment level, and recipes will follow
get home safe

Welcome and thank you for what you are doing over there!
For your first brew you need something simple. It would be malt extract with maybe some hop additions to spice it up a bit. It will also be an ale. Lots of people have brewed dark beers for their first but you can brew what you want.
What are your favorite beers? Lets start there and maybe we can get a recipe going for you.

Back