Guess the beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this might be a interesting game.

Post the text from a label and see if others can guess the beer.
If it fails just use the thread to post a label text you like.

Here's the first.
This is not the lowest common denominator beer
This is an aggressive beer.
We do not merely aspire to proclaimed heady heights of conformity through neutrality and blandness.

It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate the depth, character and quality of this premium craft beer.

You probably don't even care that this rebellious little beer contains no preservatives or additives and uses only the finest fresh natural ingredients.

Just go back to drinking your mass marketed, bland, cheaply made watered down lager, and close the door behind you.

Any ideas?

Arrogant Bastard? It sounds like a Stone to me.

EDIT: I couldn't take the suspense and googled it. I knew it sounded familiar, but I was wrong about where from.

I would guess Stone from the "Just go back to drinking your mass marketed, bland, cheaply made watered down lager, and close the door behind you."

I like this game. I have a fun one that I'll post later tonight after I get home. I think mine will be easier to guess, though.

Here's another.

From the crucible of brewing comes the elixir of flavour: the four elements of Earth, air, fire and water summoned together a pale golden potion of red hues. ***** has a heady burst of fresh citrus aroma derived from three infusion of Styrian Goldings Hops.

This is better known in the USA and from the UK.

Here's the one I wanted to post.

Thanks to our craft brewing process, when you take a swig of our [beer], it will taste smoky, robust, dark and bittersweet. Thanks to our environmental efforts, if you take a swig of Lake Erie, it won't taste smoky, robust, dark and bittersweet.

I thought this might be a interesting game.

Post the text from a label and see if others can guess the beer.
If it fails just use the thread to post a label text you like.

Here's the first.

Any ideas?

Lagunitas IPA? I know this label and I would have guessed Arrogant Bastard first as well. But I've read this many times before.

This was driving me nuts. I had to peek and see what it is.

I know that I've had this beer before and I can confirm it through my beer wall. I don't remember if I liked it or not though.

However, It seems misleading because it feels almost like a ripoff of Stone.

Very good choice. It should throw most people off.

My guess, just because they've been in the news, would be that it's brewed by BrewDog or their German counterpart/competitor (can't recall their name).

Does that narrow it down?

Schlante,
Phillip

So do we have to wait certain days for an answer?? I refuse to google this. When I read it I immediately thought of Stone.

The first one is a blatent rip off off the Arrogant Bastard text, verbatim for a dozen words or so in a couple of places. I wonder if that was done with or without permission.

The first one is a blatent rip off off the Arrogant Bastard text, verbatim for a dozen words or so in a couple of places. I wonder if that was done with or without permission.

You don't know, Stone may have ripped them off.

You don't know, Stone may have ripped them off.

Actually I do know, I personally read that text on an arrogant bastard bottle many years before the other brewery existed.

I assume it is not a problem with Stone, since they obviously have a good relationship with the other brewery.

"This is the famous *blank* beer. We know of no other beer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive beechwood aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability that you will find in no other beer at any price." The saddest part? I memorized this about twenty years ago, and just recited it...Yet, what did I have for breakfast again?

"This is the famous *blank* beer. We know of no other beer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive beechwood aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability that you will find in no other beer at any price." The saddest part? I memorized this about twenty years ago, and just recited it...Yet, what did I have for breakfast again?

The beechwood aging is KEY!!

Don't know for sure if I got that right, but here's one (I'm drinking now):

"Triple dry hopped for that over the top hop flavor. More that one of these bad boys will cause you to howl at passing strangers, chew up your toys, and anything else you can get your sharp little teeth on."

Back